This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
What should I name my website ?
04-08-2014, 08:41 PM
What should I name my website ?
Hey I need a website name for my photography. I do mostly modeling portraits and photoshoots and will be working with some B list celebrities pretty soon ( irrelevant) and may want to refer them to my site and whatever whatever .... Anyways my name is jenna caldwell I really like something interesting like terrysdiary.com (terry richardson) if you have any idea please tell me !

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-08-2014, 08:50 PM

IMaLoSeR.com

Ads

04-08-2014, 08:55 PM

If it is irrelevant why did you mention it?

Be more focused about your product and services and the name will come to you.

Use you name. No one knows you yet. Caldwell Photography has a nice ring to it.
04-08-2014, 09:04 PM

You have a great name, why not brand yourself. Just name the site after yourself
04-08-2014, 09:08 PM

It can cost a bit of branding promotion expense it you use a simple descriptive name that describes the function of the site, which search engines can identify, rather than some vanity name. Some niche sites are able to use an exact search phrase people use in searches as a site name, giving it a measurable advantage in search ranking.
In the past some successful people have ended up selling businesses with their name, leaving them less options for the next business.

There are sites with tools that help you come up with fictitious names, including: wordlab.com, naming.net, wordoid.com, lingzini.com, namestation.com, some of these tools look up the domain name availability as you go.
Any name not already used in a .com web site name is probably not trademarked.
04-08-2014, 09:12 PM

I would go by the alias "Tom Cruise Photography" Just don't tell Tom Cruise.
04-08-2014, 09:20 PM

You can try Jenna Cadwell Photography or Photography By Jenna. Just think of what will look best on a business card. You should almost get legitimate SEO experts to optimize your website and avoid SEO cowboys.