This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Do SPAM scams really fool anyone?
04-08-2014, 08:42 PM
Do SPAM scams really fool anyone?
Recently the SPAMMERs have lowered themselves to sending fake jury duty notices, and even fake court summons.

I somehow doubt anyone is dumb enough to believe that they summons people for court or jury duty over email.
The jury notice does not contain my name. Would that not be a major giveaway to most people?
The SPAMMER has a 1:50 chance of guessing the state I live in. Why would I be so stupid that they believe that I am being summoned to jury duty in a state were I never lived?
I have not lived in the USA for nearly two years. Someone who lives outside the USA would be pretty stupid to believe that they are wanted in the USA for jury duty.
Do they really think anyone is dumb enough to believe that a US government number would start with a China (+86 country code)?

So what happens if I used a free internet VOIP service to call that number anyway? Do they have an operator that speaks English that will try to ask for my personal information or something? What if I give her all fake information...
Name: 'Bilbo Baggons'
Address: 'Middle Earth, NewZeland',
Race: 'Hobbit'

How can they make money at this?

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-08-2014, 08:47 PM

Read the questions in this section, then think about what you just said.

Yes, there *are* people that dumb. If there weren't, there would be no spam.

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply