This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Why is tumblr so hard to use?
04-08-2014, 08:42 PM
Why is tumblr so hard to use?
I've been using tumblr for the last 3 months, and I really enjoy the content and following people. There are five issues that make tumblr a pain for me, yet you guys might have solutions to:

(1) Is there a way for tumblr to keep track or bookmark my last-seen spot? I usually spend several minutes per login pressing "END" a dozen times and having to manually find my last spot. I want to read things chronologically, not by the recent most top, because at the end of the day I have enough time to waste HOURS. Yet reading things backwards makes me miss a lot of context.

(2) After spending several minutes getting a spot... there are times when tumblr will "jump" to a random spot, either much lower or much higher. One second I'm enjoying a post, I'll press the up arrow key or "PAGE UP" key, or perhaps "PAGE DOWN" key... and I go up/down much farther than expected.

(3) As you can see above, I rely on the keyboard for scrolling. I'm using a Dell Windows Laptop. Is there an easier way to scroll?

(4) Tumblr video works on chrome, but not out of the at least 40 times I've tried it on firefox... how do I fix this? It's pretty annoying having to copy-paste the video URL and log in on chrome every time I want to watch a video.

(5) Whenever I want to share something to a friend that's not on tumblr, I rely on copy-paste. Some times I'll come across a gifset or something that needs to be sent all at once... how can I send the link to the post itself? Is there a way to link the post someone made from the original posters, and not the people reblogging it? How about a way to reblog just the post without the OP/reblogger's blog having to load up with all the music, etc?

***You DO NOT have to answer every question for best answer! I'll pick the best answer based on whoever is able to answer any number of questions to their best ability... answering a single question might be all it takes for me to give you best answer. Smile
http://prntscr.com/249jcx
You know the Y!A categories are outdated when things like MySpace and extinct MSN are options, yet things like tumblr and twitter are not.

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-08-2014, 08:48 PM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RzkCRl6KsKY

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply