This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
My IP address doesn't show the right location anymore?
04-08-2014, 08:44 PM
My IP address doesn't show the right location anymore?
I was on a IP address locator when it showed my IP very far from my actual location. I tried entering my friend's IP on several websites and only shows the exact same location. This has been happening for 2 weeks now after updating to the new Evasi0n jailbreak on my iPad 2 3G. At start finding the location of an IP was almost exactly accurate, now it doesn't work anymore. How do I fix this problem???
The IPs tested were global ones I knew the location before, I tested them again;theyre very inaccurate

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-08-2014, 08:52 PM

if it's the public IP address you are entering and there is a problem with the location it is usually the fault of the ISP

Ads

04-08-2014, 08:55 PM

You belong to your iSP's 'Network' composed of all their customers.
They have several major hardware centers widely spread out, where they have rooms of servers, (and in many cases dedicated companies handle several iSP's; called "Multihoming" https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Multihoming ) handling all their traffic.
If during the day or night a server breaks down, or there's a sudden surge of traffic volume, they automatically would spread traffic across the rest of their servers to achieve 'load balancing'.
Once thru their hardware, your traffic exits the iSP server(s) onto the 'Net.
This is your Public iP that other devices on the 'Net 'see' and direct requested traffic to.

"Lookup" services see your Public iP server, which may be many kilometers distant from your physical location.
04-08-2014, 08:58 PM

I think that the ISP's in your city are using Network Masking to cover up there servers from outside access and only provide internet for your computer.