This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Facebook asking me about my passport information?
04-08-2014, 08:46 PM
Facebook asking me about my passport information?
I had a problem with logging in so when i wanted to contact them, they asked me to scan my passport or Id with my full name and birth date

so i captured my passport with my Iphone and i hided everything except my picture and my birthday and the place i was born and my length that was all which was shown,and even y picture isnt clear bec it was captured correctly but it was still shown
they sadly didnt inform me with anything useful to return my facebook account but i did something to be able to log in again
i just wanna know if that will cause me any problem? i have been afraid since i sent them the picture but i still feel sad because i hided all the important stuff and that i didnt scan it it was just an iphone picture and wasnt captured correctly
please tell me if they could do anything harmful to me with the information which was shown in the picture
sorry mistake ( it wasn't captured correctly but still shown* )

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-08-2014, 08:54 PM

first, keep in mind that it takes at least a week for them to review your ID, it's not immediate

did you black out your name? they want to make sure you are also using your real name, and that the name you are using on your facebook account matches the name on your ID

Ads

04-08-2014, 09:03 PM

This is a most likely a scam to get your information. It's something fairly new happening with Facebook. The form they ask you to fill out and send in looks official, but it's done by highly skilled hackers. What leads me to believe that this is part of the scam is that you were able to get on your account without Facebook confirming to you.

Hopefully, they can't do anything with the information that you gave them. It's dangerous enough that they now have your picture, date of birth and place of birth. I'm sorry I couldn't put your mind at rest, but in the future, NEVER give your information to anyone like this. This goes for Facebook or anything else.