This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
ebay help........ plzz?
04-08-2014, 08:48 PM
ebay help........ plzz?
just sold something on ebay for way lower than i thought. It was a perfume that i did not know was a vintage scent. It sold in a matter of minutes and it goes for around 3x the price. What are my options for being an a$$ and saying i cant do the trasaction. Can i refund his money?, i dont want to go to court or get sued, What are my best options. Should i just sell? ebay experience would help, thanks

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-08-2014, 08:51 PM

Just sell.

Learn from this experience. Next time, do your research first.

Ads

04-08-2014, 08:59 PM

The buyer is not to blame for your stupidity. Do you have the emotional capacity to stop thinking about yourself for one second and think how the buyer feels, who bought this item in good faith according to the terms of the LEGALLY BINDING CONTRACT YOU POSTED?

If you can't, here's how it wil go down.

1. You refund the buyer in full because you are too selfish to honor your contract.
2. The buyer reports you to eBay for seller non-performance, leaves you a nasty and well-deserved neg (hopefully IN ALL CAPITAL LETTERS SO NO ONE MISSES THE FACT THAT YOU ARE A DEADBEAT SELLER) and trashes your DSRs.
3. People are very unlikely to buy anything from you ever again on eBay.

So the decision comes down to two questions:

1. Are you a liar?
2. Do you ever want to sell on eBay again?
04-08-2014, 09:04 PM

There are 2 options for you:

1) Go ahead with the transaction. Ship the item to the buyer although you are not happy with it, which is what eBay and your buyer expects you to do.

2) Send the buyer a message saying you cannot go through with the transaction. Refund the money. Send him a Cancelling Transaction request. Your buyer may or may not accept the request, and you risk ending up with a neutral or negative feedback, which will severely hurt your selling performance especially since you are a new seller.

It is your choice to choose - which one is more important to you? Sell at the price you don't want but get to keep your clean selling reputation, or refuse to sell at the price you don't want but risk scaring away future customers and (if this happens a few times more) get your account banned permanently. EBay does keep your record. Even if you open a new account after the first one gets banned, they have a way of knowing that and will ban your new account as well.

If you choose to go with choice #2. My best guess is not you probably wouldn't get banned if this is the first time it happens. Your customer may leave bad feedback anyway. Please be careful not to make this mistake again. Good luck.