This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Do K-12 schools have unlimited access to Facebook pages?
10-15-2012, 08:49 PM
Do K-12 schools have unlimited access to Facebook pages?
I'm looking into whether the school officials and/or administration have access to the teachers' Facebook pages. (Not whether the students have access.)
I'm doing some research on the topic of Facebook and issues concerning teachers' professionalism on social websites. I heard that schools have unlimited access to all Facebook profiles, even when the Facebook user sets the profile to private. Does anyone know if this is true? Are there ways that schools can bypass the privacy settings to see current and potential teachers' profile pages?

Thanks for the help!

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
10-15-2012, 08:57 PM

hopefully not

Ads

hellll nah. they block everything.

Yea. No Schools don't have ultimate power over all creation.
Facebook has no real point during school anyway.

I know in my daughters middle school. They can not get onto any of those sites. only school board approved. Iam sure the high schoolers have figuered it out. I know in the local Commnity college in class when we had computers. You were able to get on anything. But not so much K-12

If this were true, there would be a media scandal and Facebook would be shut down.
If you can access even one users account without his/her consent or knowledge, then you can access all accounts. There are millions of adults on Facebook 25-60 and thousands of entertainment professionals.
School, colleges, universities, employers have no legal right to access personal profiles on social networking sites. The people who spread these rumors are as childish as those who spread the messages around Facebook and MySpace that you have to send a certain message to 100 people to "prove your account is still active, otherwise it will be deleted".
As some young people consider it a great "prank" to have an innocent person's account deleted or put a virus on their friend's computer, there are obviously some very weird people around today.

no i go 2 1... we dont all have unlimited access only high schoolers during their free periods have full access but u need permission by a teacher first