This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Is something is wrong with me?
10-01-2012, 01:10 AM
Is something is wrong with me?
Okay listen this isn't a joke.

For the past two years i have been obsessed with gossip sites, im addicted now. Somethings (more often now) i stay in my room pretending to be these celebs.It's become a real problem. My "real" life sucks. Im not pretty, im very thin (naturally), i am talkative, and come off as annoying (i cant control it). I get insulted everyday and never had a boyfriend because no guys want me. I do have friends though. Anyways i feel like these people have these amazing life and i try basically try to live it...? Even now when i walk down the street i pretend to be them sometimes. I don't know what's wrong with me. Also on these gossip sites i have friends. I never met them because we chat in the site or over twitter. Btw i mad a fake twitter, meaning im not the person they think i am. I use a fake picture of this pretty girl and everything. I need help fast, please, PLEASE tell me what to do.

Im only 15 years old so don't make them too complicated please Smile
Also i never really had a best friend....i get close to someone and than they suddenly leave me or we don't talk anymore.

Also my parents see me as very disrespectful (just incase i needed to add that.)

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
10-01-2012, 01:18 AM

Don;t worry, there is nothing wrong with you other than the fact you have low self esteem. I know one thing for fact, everyone has something about them that makes them unique. You should focus on that also, think about the quadriplegic that cant even type on a keyboard to even go into a chat room. Or that person that just heard they had terminal cancer. You are you and experiencing new things. Have fun, but know the fact that you can even type it on here says you are better off then even you think.

Best of luck to you and live life, have fun and don't worry about the little people that don't like, concentrate on the ones that do.

Ads

Okay, one sign of being crazy is that you CAN'T admit that you are crazy. Do you know in your mind that you are not these celebrities that you pretend to be? If you can separate your fantasy from reality (and it seems to me that you can), then you are just a normal teen. I actually experience some of the same things, and I am almost twenty years old. When I was a teenager, I used to have this major rock star fantasy---despite the fact that I am not at all musically inclined. I used to sit in my room, listen to music, and pretend that I was the person singing the song. It sounds pathetic, but I even fantasized this whole rock star life for myself. Apparently, I got a record deal right out of high school, went to LA and was hooked up with an awesome band, hit the top of the record charts, went to rehab a couple of times, and then ended up happily ever after with my Swedish bass player. I know, totally pathetic right? Don't be too alarmed about these day dreams. I am a writer, and I kind of have to fantasize a good majority of the time, or else I would never come up with any kind of a plot. As long as you can separate fact from fiction, you will be just fine. However, if you feel like this is really driving you insane, it couldn't hurt to talk to someone about it. Despite the misconception of shrinks, they do not get kicks out of diagnosing someone as crazy. A good shrink would more than likely tell you that you are a perfectly normal teenager with some social issues that you need to work out. They may suggest that you get involved in extra curriculars or something like that. I am no doctor, but I am 100% convinced that there is NOTHING wrong with you. Whatever happens, I wish you good luck, and I hope that you get some peace of mind about these day dreams that you are having. Smile

You have low self esteem hun. I am going to guess that part of that comes from having poor social skills, since you say your parents find you disrespectful, you don't seem like a disrespectful person from this post but maybe you come off that way to some people. Social skills like body language, conversation skills, poise etc. all take practice and there is no way to learn other than by getting out there and interacting with strangers. You can pick up a few books on the subject too that will give you good tips.

But books like this will give you "quick fixes"---they are helpful but what you really need is to build your life on core principles. Figure out what principles you believe in and want to stand for (freedom of expression, honesty, kindness, love of country, productivity, hard work, etc.), and live your life by those. When faced with a decision, decide based on your principles. Confidence and a sense of self will come with that and beauty follows.

I am 15 too, and did something quite similar. I used to pretend I knew celebrities and they all liked me, and acted out conversations sometimes. I finally realized it was because I was so unsatisfied with my own real life that I made up fantasies of a fake life. I never went as far as lying to other people or using someone elses picture, that is involving other people and possibly hurting them.

You need to either come clean or just delete everything, as hard it will be because you need to start really living your life. Block the gossip sites and Do something! Just make plans all the time so you're not focused on your fake life, read a book, make plans for a movie night with the friends you aren't very close with.

Focus on listening and don't talk as much, ask them questions, smile, be friendly and make some jokes. Those are the traits of a likeable person. I was in your exact situation and after a long time finally did something with my life. It will be difficult and you might slip up sometimes but don't beat yourself up.

As long as you put an effort in trying to make your real life better you're on the right track. Have a serious conversation with your parents about why they think you are disrespectful and that you really want to change and have a better relationship with them. Fantasies aren't a problem, only when they stop you from doing things in real life. You can message me if you'd like and we can talk. Smile

Well, hon, you could have what's called Maladaptive Daydreaming. It's a condition that causes excessive daydreaming. Take a look at this website and see if that sounds like what you are experiencing. Or perhaps you're just a teenage girl going through a hard time.

http://daydreamingdisorder.webs.com/

The obvious things that you need to do are: kill your fake twitter account, avoid all the celebrity sites that you visit, and get out of your room and do something in your real life instead of daydreaming in there.