This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Why are people over the internet so mean?
04-08-2014, 08:57 PM
Why are people over the internet so mean?
I can post the nicest thing on YouTube or an internet forum and someone will reply back with a mean remark. I just don't get it. I'm thinking it's because they're able to hide behind a computer screen.

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-08-2014, 08:59 PM

It would be ironic if someone replied this by saying “shut up you fag” but no i am not that guy i agree with you i just dont understand people and it just makes me sad to see how mean people are but i dont think there is anything to do about it you just have to ignore them and just connect with people who are nice like you thats what i do not to feel bad

Ads

04-08-2014, 09:06 PM

Because they can be. Welcome to the Internet.
~
04-08-2014, 09:13 PM

It's because they're anonymous, and don't have to fear repercussions.  Mind you, it also means they're generally of fairly bad character, probably a bully, and probably too cowardly to be like that in real life.

I try to conduct myself in a polite manner on the internet, as, apparently, do you.  Don't let them get you down.

04-08-2014, 09:21 PM

You are correct about these people being able to hide behind their computer connection. It's possible for a person to be very ordinary in real life, but take on an "attitude" when they're on the internet at some social web site or forum. I guess you can say that these folks just make us appreciate the "ordinary" people that much more!
04-08-2014, 09:28 PM

Being anonymous is one, yes. Another thing is that people want honest opinions. No-one wants you to dance around trying to please them. Consider the internet some kind of school gym locker room. No nice guys are going to get through it
04-08-2014, 09:35 PM

Grow up, this isn't kiddie school. This is the Internet, where 38 year old virgins rage war in their parents basement with their new Logitech K810 keyboards