This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Question about Amazon "track package" info.?
04-08-2014, 09:02 PM
Question about Amazon "track package" info.?
I'm looking at the "Your Orders" page on my Amazon account. I bought an item a while ago, and I'm somewhat confused about the information I'm seeing on this page. An estimated delivery time is still shown, so I assume that means the package still hasn't arrived yet. Right beneath that, in large orange letters it also says "Shipped", not "Delivered", which further proves that.

However, when I click on "Track Package" to the right, a small window appears in the center. In the
"tracking information" section, the status reads "Delivered" in green letters. Next to "Latest Event" it reads a city that is nearby, but not my own destination, and underneath that it says "delivered" and today's date.

Does this mean that the item is still making its way to where I am? I should go by the status colored in orange (which reads "Shipped" right now), correct?

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-08-2014, 09:12 PM

Estimated delivery is just that; an estimated delivery time. It in no way reflects when a package will actually arrive. I have had packages arrive sooner than estimated delivery dates.

Shipped just means it's been shipped, that part probably won't update till a few days after the item has been delivered. If the tracking status reads 'delivered,' there's a good chance your package is in that city, and not yours. Delivery updates mean the package has arrived at it's designated destination and isn't going to be making any more trips. I'd call or email the seller and ask them where they marked for the package to be sent. If it was sent to the wrong address, you might be able to have them redirect the package to the correct place. I would have them do this, especially if it's their mistake.

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply