This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
How to I get rid of these annoying pop-ups on google chrome?
04-08-2014, 09:08 PM
How to I get rid of these annoying pop-ups on google chrome?
I use google chrome and every time I visit certain social media websites, I get these annoying pop up ads on the side of the page and every time I navigate and visit other pages, these annoying pop ups always persist. This hasn't happened before only recently has this become an issue. I run Norton Antivirus and initiate a full system scan, but once it's finished the results say that everything is okay. I'm assuming it's not malware or spyware installed, but adware. How can I get rid of this? Please and thank you!

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-08-2014, 09:11 PM

use https:// before urls

Ads

04-08-2014, 09:21 PM

I had the same problem. I contacted google chrome and they just told me google chrome now automatically blocks pop up. they were obviously no help whatsoever. Me and my husband both tried and tried to find setting and change settings but we could never get it to work. It only did the pop ups on my computer but not on my husbands. we eventually just took it off and downloaded it again. it worked for a while then it started happening again. so I took it off and put firefox on my computer. I like it better. I couldn't use explorer because when we downloaded my chrome and it made it so we couldn't update explorer and now it doesn't work for half my websites. We think when we downloaded it that itmay have put something on there that Norton didn't detect.
04-08-2014, 09:26 PM

Download Ad-Blocker and enable the extension in chrome...
04-08-2014, 09:33 PM

Ad block.
04-08-2014, 09:42 PM

adware..... So "adblock" is better than adblock plus..
Install from store with a "hand symbol"
04-08-2014, 09:43 PM

Hello,

Sorry for the trouble. I am Vineeth and I am from the Norton Support team.

It must be a PUP or Potentially Unwanted Program, which gets attached to your browser.

Go to the Add-ons list in your browser and then disable the extensions one by one. You need to restart Chrome and check each time to find out which extension is causing the problem. Once you find out the extension, remove it from the list.

Also, go to Control Panel > Programs & Features and see whether there is a related entry for this. If so, please uninstall it.

If that doesn't work, try resetting Chrome and see if it helps!

You can also run a scan using the free Norton Power Eraser tool: http://www.Norton.com/npe

Let me know if that helps!

Thanks!

Vineeth
Norton Support
04-08-2014, 09:52 PM

Hi there , You want to use Ad block extension. Maybe this is a better solution.
04-08-2014, 09:54 PM

Ad block , Or Your computer might have an Virus