This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
I'm in the process of job searching. Is it bad that I don't have a Facebook?
04-08-2014, 09:08 PM
I'm in the process of job searching. Is it bad that I don't have a Facebook?
I'm in the process of looking for jobs and have recently deactivated my Facebook profile. I rarely use Facebook anymore. My friends are great people, but they have a tendency to post embarrassing photos or comments on each other's profile. Mine included. And if I'm seldom on Facebook I often don't catch their posts.

So to prevent embarrassment with prospective employers I deactivated my account. But then I got to wondering if it's bad that I don't have any sort of online social media profile? I don't user Twitter, Instagram, Linked In, Myspace etc. either. I'm 25 so that is kind of unusual. I don't want employers to think I'm a fake, made-up person either.

Do you think that I am alright not having an active Facebook account? Facebook can be a great asset. But I would hate to miss out on a great opportunity because a friend posted a questionable photo of me drinking or whatnot online. I don't like Facebook anyways so it doesn't bother me not having a profile. I work as a civilian for the military so shouldn't matter that I don't have a Facebook.

Thanks for your thoughts!

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-08-2014, 09:16 PM

not at all aslong as you have a resume and email you should be ok

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply