This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
WHY IS INTERNET EXPLORER NOT WORKING?
04-08-2014, 09:09 PM
WHY IS INTERNET EXPLORER NOT WORKING?
i CANNOT GET INTERNET EXPLORER TO RESPOND. i HAVE NOT BEEN ABLE TO OPEN IT IN 3 DA. I HAVE TO GO THROUGH CROME TO GET TO MY HOME PAGE.

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-08-2014, 09:18 PM

I would recommend not using Internet Explorer, rather use something like Firefox or Chrome.
But if you're dead set on using IE , then just go online and download the latest version of IE. Install it on the computer that's giving problems, and it should sort out your problem. I would also recommend you download a Anti-virus to protect your computer when surfing the internet on Internet Explorer.

Ads

04-08-2014, 09:19 PM

System restore
04-08-2014, 09:24 PM

My dear (speaking as a 62 yr old man), Explorer has ALWAYS been hard to use. In the 25 years I've been using computers, IE has ALWAYS been hard to use. That's why other browsers such as Firefox or Chrome are so popular, because they're much more reliable than Explorer.
In fact, lots of people call it jokingly EXPLODER because it is so unreliable.
In fact, Firefox became so popular years ago, that Explorer took some of Firefox's manners and workings and incorporated them into later editions of Explorer.

I would recommend that you continue using Chrome or Firefox. I'm partial to Firefox, don't care for Chrome.
The very important thing is that YOU HAVE A CHOICE. Only reason to use Explorer nowadays is to get updates for your windows program, which demands you use Explorer, so you cannot just delete it.
So go ahead and keep using Chrome if you want, or choose Firefox for your internet browser, or there might be other versions you might prefer.

On Majorgeeks.com, you can find many, many FREE browsers that can give you what you want.
There are even some that are built upon the same basic functions of Explorer without all the junk.
I've tired at variosu times "The World" or even SlimBrowser is one I've enjoyed in the past.

Good luck.
04-08-2014, 09:29 PM

Try Google Chrome.