This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
I am re-constructing a website, is it good way block a website by using robots.txt temporary?
04-08-2014, 09:10 PM
I am re-constructing a website, is it good way block a website by using robots.txt temporary?
I am re-constructing a live website. Is it good way that website block by using robots.txt? If i block now (within 2 days ill unblock it in robots.txt), is it impact seo ranking?
The website displaying properly in local host , but not working properly in Cpanel so that i am testing directly in the website.

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-08-2014, 09:16 PM

don't do like that, on home page display the page like "Page Under construction only 2days or mention the date" if your website is having returning visitors and new visitors are more. then don't do like that .

hope you understand

Ads

04-08-2014, 09:22 PM

Don't do like this as it will not be liked by the visitors and there will be decrease in your traffic when you return the site and it will have effect the ranking of the site.
Either make a page and make it a homepage written on it site under construction on will return after 2 days it will not have any effect on your traffic.
04-08-2014, 09:25 PM

Do one thing Design your website in your LOCAL SERVER and when you think it's fully completed then just remove old files and update new files.

Hope it's easy for you.

No need to drop visitors and sales, etc...