This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Social anxiety help?
04-08-2014, 09:11 PM
Social anxiety help?
Hi I have social anxiety, I would say at a medium high level. I wake up every morning with 2 hours of "butterflies in my stomach" that is constant and agonizing. I very much have anticipatory anxiety, once I am up and moving it isn't as bad, especially once I am driving or doing what I was worried about. I can't look most people in the eye for the last year or two. I once was very social with friends now I won't even answer my phone, respond to texts etc.. Even with family and my girlfriend. I am also depressed because I am helping open a bakery that is taking forever to open. I am still getting paid but I have been doing little for the last 4 months. I live in a medical state and smoke pot to help me calm down and it does help but it's only a temporary relief and in the long run this hurts my anxiety. I need another way out. I would get some anxiety medication for my really bad times but I'm pretty sure they wouldn't give it to me with thc in my system and I don't want to be dependent on something like that. I guess I'm just looking for advice here. I am not interested in CBT because it is in large groups which goes directly against my anxiety. Is there some kind of online therapy or other way I can help myself without seeing somebody? Thank you in advance for any advice.

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-08-2014, 09:16 PM

Yes, there are many ways to get help. Here are some to consider:

1.) Hypnotherapy is now available by Skype, so you don't have to leave home. Google this.

2.) I'm not sure why you don't want to be "dependent" on daily Lexapro when you are already "dependent" on marijuana. Lexapro has no side effects. Marijuana increases anxiety and paranoia.

3.) Please visit my website below and listen to one of the relaxation MP3s daily. If you do this for more than 30 days, it will re-wire the brain for positive thoughts, rather than negative. It takes at least that long for new neural pathways to form in the brain.

4.) Please read Dr. Schwartz's famous books "You Are Not Your Brain" and "Brain Lock" -- learn the 4-step method to recognize and release the anxious thoughts. Again, with practice, you can make those thoughts a thing of the past. This is very important.

5.) Join an online support group.

You can do this! Many people have.

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply