This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
What is the best way to advertise my site?
04-08-2014, 09:12 PM
What is the best way to advertise my site?
I run a website which has some tools for users of Last.fm (http://lastfmstats.livefrombmore.com/uni...crobbler). I'm getting about 100 visits a day.

I'd like to generate some advertising revenue. I have some adverts on there through BidVertiser, but I don't really know much about web advertising. Is this a "good" company to use for advertising? Who provides the best revenue per click? Are there any other factors I should be considering?

Or, alternatively, any other suggestions as to how to generate revenue for this site? It's not a service I can charge for obviously, since Last.fm is free. Advertising's really the only relevant thing I can think of.

Cheers!
Oh my goodness! Has anyone actually even read the question? I don't want to bring people to my website, I want to make money from my website which people are already coming to! I don't want to advertise it to other people, I want other people to pay me to advertise their stuff on my site! I think I make that pretty clear (although I admit the title is a bit ambiguous).

Seriously, people...

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-08-2014, 09:17 PM

I would use Facebook. For free, you can create a page for your site. For as little as a penny a click, you can create what are known as "social ads". You can also talk to webmasters you know and do something called "fusion marketing", especially if their product somehow relates to yours.

I don't know what kind of music you play, but say you played indie. Popular local bands could advertise on your site and you could advertise on theirs. Or you could do this same thing with local small businesses, especially ones that play your station during open hours.

Ads

04-08-2014, 09:24 PM

BidVertiser exist alongside many companies that display ads next to what they hope is relevant content. This whole market is dominated by Google Adsense. Really it's down to preference. You say you have run some ads via them. What were the results? Your earnings?

To be fair to the other answerers here you need more traffic/more visits. The average earnings on ads in this category is anywhere from £0.05 to £0.50 per thousand page impressions. This means if your site generates 1000 page impressions a day (and it doesn't matter if that is 1 person looking at your site 1000 times or 1000 people looking once each) you will earn, via the majority of these click companies, 5p to 50p a day.

Where it becomes important to have more people is in the performance of the ads. If 1 person generates these 1000 impressions they will be less likely to click on the ads (because they see so many the same) so the payout will be at the low end and possibly zero pence. If you increase the amount of visitors (individuals) they might be more likely to click. It's not guaranteed mind you.

So: You need a lot more visitors, visiting more. If you find the convenience of BidVertiser paying into PayPal then stick with them but once you have more inventory (more opportunity to display ads) then try Google - they have more advertisers (BidVertiser is only as good as its sales force in persuading advertisers to be a part of its network - if they 'miss' x% of advertisers that x% will never have the chance of being on your site), more market share and pretty much control the advertising market for online performance/cpc/revenue per click.

Good luck!