This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
torrent download alert infringement?
04-08-2014, 09:16 PM
torrent download alert infringement?
my cousin say her internet provider sent her an alert for downloading torrent movies,wondering if she do i full system recovery will this help change her ip address that they stop monitoring her computer,not only that but who wants them monitoring what u do online,i couldn't tell her cause first time i ever heard of such so here i am for subjections for her,she is handicapped and just enjoys downloading torrent movies until she received an email alert infringement,all this is new to me so any help will be appreciated,even when she tried to download from youtube now all of sudden she says she all of sudden getting errors not downloading,me myself i have hotspots wifi on my laptop but she has desktop

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-08-2014, 09:17 PM

You can't change your Static IP address ( the one that the ISP assigns you permanently ), so the only way the Static IP address can be changed is to switch providers. Your Dynamic IP address can be changed at any time, even several times a day, but your Static IP address is permanent for security reason everywhere. The police authorities can ask your ISP for a list of web sites you visited for the past 4 months or whatever, and your ISP can provide this information to the authorities.

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply