This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
How to stop being depressed?
04-08-2014, 09:24 PM
How to stop being depressed?
I am 18 and love my life and have great friends and stuff but I feel so depressed lately. I am stuck in this crappy job til May (quit in May) and will graduate high school then but i feel so down about girls. I keep making my decisions pretending I am going to be able to be to be with this girl who will be going to the college I work at. I don't know her but see her all over social media and went to school with her sister and know I need to move on. I won't be going to this college but will be in the same town. I know I will be happier if I focus on myself but it's just hard. Like I know I need to stop thinking about her and focus on myself and stop letting this stress me out so much.

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-08-2014, 09:25 PM

I'm from Ft. Lauderdale too. Pretty depressing place, ain't it?

Ads

04-08-2014, 09:34 PM

Do your best at the job, no matter how much you hate it. You will someday need that supervisor for a job reference.

Forget about the social butterfly, shes probably not the right one for you. Look forward to college and get a degree. Thats the best way to get a good paying job and have a successful career.

In college or after is probably whre you will meet your dream girl. God has already picked her out for you and is preparing you both.
04-08-2014, 09:38 PM

Your 18 your going to think about girls thats natural.. You have a good head on your shouldres so just let time take its course .Dont be in a hurry to get into a serious relationship .Get your schooling out the way,date girls have fun. Dont leave your job .When its time to get the job you want then life will all start falling into place. Never be in a hurry just let it come. This is the problem with the young generation today is they want it all now thats why theres so much depression.. Enjoy your youth..
04-08-2014, 09:42 PM

Sadly, only time can stop depression. You can surround yourself with things that make you happy, focus on your goals, and all of that but you're never guaranteed that your depression will just disappear. It's a gradual process I suppose.

Wait it out. And you'll be able to move on from this girl, you just have to be open to others.
04-08-2014, 09:46 PM

You should feel better if I tell you that there's a difference between being clinically depressed (that's when you can't go on with your day-by-day activities) and just "feeling depressed". I wish all the best to you! But remember to smile, be grateful for what you have and never stop fighting for what's best in your life.. Because there's a thin line between "feeling depressed" and becoming clinically depressed and you don't want to cross that line.