This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Information on CSU Fullerton?
04-08-2014, 09:30 PM
Information on CSU Fullerton?
-What are some Pros & Cons on the college?
-Also, I want to major in film, animation, acting. Can you guys tell me about how well the program is?
-Is it more expensive to go there?
Sorry late Jules! I am a senior who is going to be a freshment
I MIGHT get financial aid, I've applied, my parents and myself are going to pay for it including grants

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-08-2014, 09:32 PM

I go to csuf. It will take me a bit to answer your question.

But first, what grade are you in? Are you going to be a transfer student? Do you think you are getting financial aide? How are you paying for college? You can edit your question to add details.

Pros
- it is in OC and close to LA so there are some fun things to do nearby and internships nearby.
- i have loved all of my classes except for two classes. One was a math class and another was an accounting class. I really like math but the teachers were horrible.
- I just really like my professors. I talk in class and go to their office hours, I think they are great and very helpful.
-some of the clubs are really great. i joined the P.R.S.S.A. during my junior year because I really wanted to learn more about social media. I love that club and wish I had joined it sooner.
- I think it is a great place to go if you live nearby and are commuting within thirty minutes.

Cons
-it is expensive. I did not get any grants or unsubsidized loans. I wish I went to community college first. I didn't know how cheap community college was. I personally do not think it was worth it to go there all four (five for me) years.
-they do not have good counseling or advising of any sort.
-the career center is not too helpful. it took me a 1 1/2 months to get an appointment once and 1 month another time. Which is ridiculous.
-It is a big commuter school so it is harder to have a social life there. If you join a club or two, it should be ok.

I answered a question about an animation career in a previous answer. They do not have a good work schedule. http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?...955AAH5uzM

And the same goes for acting and film. I do not know much about film, but I have heard it is VERY hard to get work. They only choose about 12 people a year for the acting major (theater major?) it is very hard to get in. The majors your chose are not the best, but it is your choice. Just do not go into debt over those majors because they are not profitable for the most part. I hear that their film and acting degrees are better than most other schools in the nation, but they are still bad even if they are good because it doesn't guarantee you work when you graduate.

---
Well, I have to say that I think you should go to community college first IF you do not get grants that cover most of the tuition. It is not worth it for the majors you want.

Here are the prices for csuf
tuition: $6,188 a year
parking passes: $460 (with out tax) a year
registration fee: $30-$60 bucks or so (I forget, they charge every time you register for classes)

OCC prices
tuition: $500 a year
parking passes: $60 a year

-Books are always $225-$700 per semester

The parking passes at CSUF are almost as expensive as the tuition at OCC!

One of my professors has a daughter going to Fullerton College (the junior college) and getting her General Education requirements done there because she thinks it is a bad idea to go to CSUF for all four years and she teaches at the dang place. Yes the education at CSUF is nice and I really like my classes, but community college is so cheap! How can you pass it up. I really do not think most people should take out loans for the first two years. I think it is a good idea for some majors, but not all of them. If your parents have not saved up 30,000 already then community college seems great for the price.

It does seem like it may be a bit harder to stay motivated but if you have a plan and study a lot then you should be fine. You just need to make sure you study (do the readings, go over notes, do the essays and assignments etc.) at least 20 hours each week. On average I study for 25 hours a week.

https://www.orangecoastcollege.edu/enrol.../Fees.aspx
https://parking.fullerton.edu/parking/FeeIncrease.asp

And keep an open mind about majors. When I was 18, I would have never thought I would be reading articles about investments in tech start-ups for fun by the end of college. I do not even think I knew what a start-up was. I never thought I would enjoy learning about social media marketing, but I am. You would be surprised on what you are actually interested in. Keep an open mind and be curious. You should at least explore majors that can give you profitable careers. You do not have to choose them if you do not want to, but do your research first.
https://www.google.com/search?q=best+car...S:official

Ultimately, you can do what you want to do.

I think this is a great video about college. I link it a lot.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bqyf6BexG5s

I think I made a few spelling mistakes but I am really tired and I think I am going to go to bed instead of correct them, so sorry about my grammar.

Ads

04-08-2014, 09:33 PM

Jules gave a great answer.

I once dated an English from there and we went to see a student production of Emma there. The show was fantastic even with minimal props used.

I was very impressed with the quality of the acting and the overall production.