This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Do people buy fixed cats?
04-08-2014, 09:30 PM
Do people buy fixed cats?
I have a cat problem and I want to have them fixed. There are several homeless cats that hang out in my driveway and front yard. They do not belong to any of my neighbors. I am willing to adopt two of them, but I do not want to keep the rest, nor do I want to have them put to sleep. I also want them to stop reproducing. If I have them fixed and put them up for sale, would people buy them? If so, how much are people willing to pay for a fixed cat? If not, what can I do? What is a good way of humanly "getting rid" of them. I am not trying to make a business out of this. I will appreciate your help very much.

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-08-2014, 09:34 PM

People would def buy a fixed cat! Most people fix their animals, and if they don't it's only because they are uneducated/ignorant.

This is the best thing for the cats, I think you should do it! (IF you can afford it of course)

Some people don't want to deal with the kitten stage and are actually interested ONLY in older cats.

Usually (if you look online especially):
People will only sell cats that are fixed.
If a kitten/cat is not fixed, and isn't up to date on shots/medicine, they usually are FREE.
Shelters in my area tend to sell fixed/up to date cats for $100-150, but usually when individuals sell cats (fixed/up to date) it's a bit less than that ($50-80).

You can try to use sites like Kijiji to find new home owners for the cats.
You can try to find local groups on social sites (facebook etc) for animal adoptions.
You can call/talk to the SPCA or a local vet clinic to find out what options they can advise you of!

Ads

04-08-2014, 09:38 PM

Many places have a trap spay/neuter program where the ferel cats are rounded up - fixed and then released (they won't breed any more). People will pay for neuter/spay, but you will be lucky to get $50 for your efforts (at least recover some of the costs).

Purebred altered cats you can get more money, but not on the domestics (sadly).
04-08-2014, 09:43 PM

There are things where you can catch them and take them to get them fixed and then release them. You can sell fixed cats. I actually suggest it. Or other people won't fix them and they will reproduce somewhere else. I'm not sure how much you could sell them for.
04-08-2014, 09:46 PM

People prefer cats to be fixed! I'd sell them at a price that covers the cost of the surgery plus a little extra (you'll obviously need to feed/water the cats while you wait to sell them!)