This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
HP Envy with Windows 8 rarely gets internet connection?
04-08-2014, 09:33 PM
HP Envy with Windows 8 rarely gets internet connection?
Connects and randomly disconnects very frequently even in very good wifi spots. Happens at college and at my house. The connection works on other computers but not normally on mine. It is always an option to connect but very rarely does it actually connect. If anyone knows a solution please let me know. Thanks. Just got this touchscreen laptop in the past summer.

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-08-2014, 09:42 PM

You say this happens everywhere? That would indicate something with your laptop's network adapter.
I suggest downloading the most recent drivers for it from HP's web site. You can do that on another computer to a flash drive.

Open Device Manager and then delete your network adapter there. Reboot the computer. When it boots it should find the adapter as a new device. It will probably automatically install the software it already has.

Use Explorer to view the flash drive and run the executable on it. That will install any management software the adapter has. Be sure to note the directory into which it installs.

Go back to Device Manager, open the adapter, click the driver tab and click Update Driver. Point it to the directory in which the software was just installed.

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply