This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Would I need a business license to start a personal website advertising myself as an artist for hire?
04-08-2014, 09:37 PM
Would I need a business license to start a personal website advertising myself as an artist for hire?
I'm a few months away from graduating from an Art Institute. I've use a few free websites to publish my work and advertise (facebook, blogspot, behance, youtube and deviant art), but I would like to have my own, personal paid-for website to use on my business cards.

It would promote "Admiral Ferret Studios" which is a personal creation, it would only have my portfolio work, my resume and information, but I wonder if I need some kind of business license to create it that way. I wouldn't consider it a business, more as an artist for hire page, but it may be looked at differently lawfully. Any information could be helpful, please leave a source if you would. Thanks in advance!

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-08-2014, 09:43 PM

AFAIK, there's no need for you to do that. But if you're in a country where professional artists are heavily guarded by tax authorities, you might consider securing one.

Also, aside from a personal website, you should also consider posting your credentials or services in free advertising websites llike http://www.bizchum.com since these sites are really good in traffic.

Ads posted in these kind of sites are easily tracked by search engines so I advise you to that and then post the link of your personal website to these ad sites.

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply