This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
How can i tell if this video is copyrighted?
04-08-2014, 09:38 PM
How can i tell if this video is copyrighted?
So i found this video online and I want to make Database of old electronic videos and I will code the website! I'm going to make the website look like a 90s Site and work for iOS (All Videos in .mp4 quicktime) . But to do this i Need Free/Uncopyrighted videos! And I Found some cool ones! But I don't know if there copyrighted. Please Help me tell.

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-08-2014, 09:43 PM

Regarding US registered works, you can search the US copyright archives. Do note this is regards to "REGISTERED" works, as there can be copyrighted material that have not been registered [yet].

http://www.copyright.gov/records/

Basically, search for public domain works somehow (like google, word of mouth, ...), and cross reference with the above catalog.

Ads

04-08-2014, 09:48 PM

Basically every photo, video or written document you see is considered to be copyrighted. It takes a long time for these things to get registered, but not being registered at the copyright office doesn't make it fair game. They'll contact you if they feel it's serious.
04-08-2014, 09:58 PM

Yes.