This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Facebook marketing tool?
10-15-2012, 08:53 PM
Facebook marketing tool?
Our company have decided to try Facebook as a marketing tool. I'm new to it and don't understand anything. Could you tell me what to do to get to our customers. I've found just general recommendations, but need step-by-step guide. Please help

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
10-15-2012, 09:01 PM

facebook really isnt a very good marketing tool... it's a social networking site, and people will see your marketing attempts as spam

Ads

I think Facebook is great tool to connect and stay in touch with your customers.
If you already familiar with general reccomendation I would suggest you to read my Guide for Businesses in Facebook http://www.web4you.ca/blog/internet-mark...art-2.html

Facebook is a great marketing tool if you use it in a proper way.
1. You can advertise in Facebook if you need more audience.
2. You can embed a like button in your website which will encourage your visitors to like your page.
3. You can send the link to your facebook page to all your customers in your newsletter/e-mail and ask them to join your page.
4. You may give out some offers to people who join your page.
5. You may give out offers to people who share your page and refer other people to join your page.
6. You should create a very good welcome page for your FB page.
7. You should engage with your FB page fans regularly, posts updates regularly and keep the page active. If the page is active your fans will increase in no time.

you can search for how to advertise on facebook.Facebook will themselves give u a tutorial.Moreover i have some coupon for advertising.You can get them from me akanshgulati2009@gmail.com

Facebook along with other networking sites are a very effective for promoting your company and interacting with your customers. First, start by creating a Facebook fan page. Prepare it for the public by adding a profile picture, about section, contact information, pictures pertaining to your company, and any other information you would like to share with your customers. Content is key, it is what will make customers want to click on your links and see what you have to offer so make it unique and compelling. Once you have some content on your page begin spreading the word, have everyone in your company Like the page and then have them share it with their contacts and so on. Promote it with your current customers by announcing your new Facebook page in an email. Also, Embed the Like button on your website so that visitors to your site have a link to your Facebook page.

This article gets into more detail about the Facebook Like button:

http://marketingzeus.com/article/like-tw...-do-for-me

Once you have a good amount of content on the page you can start implementing Facebook advertising campaigns, either to promote your fan page or your business website.

Here is another article you might find useful about social media and customer engagement from MarketingZeus.com:

http://marketingzeus.com/article/rules-o...s-audience

Marketing Zeus is a business resource that helps businesses make smart moves with small budgets by sharing expertise in everything from email campaigns to mobile development. Here you’ll find articles about social media and more.

Your company is forward thinking starting to use Facebook as a marketing tool. However, it needs to be done the right way, or it will be a waste of your time. Marketing on Facebook is completely different to marketing as we know it. It is a social networking platform and the marketing therefore needs to take the form of engaging with customers in order to build their trust. There are three stages to any Facebook marketing campaign.

1. Setting your Facebook page up the right way
2. Driving Traffic to your page
3. Converting that traffic into customers through engagement

You will need to set up a business page as it is against Facebook's terms and conditions to conduct business on a persona profile. You will need a good image that tells people who you are and includes website or contact info and makes use of the available 180x540 pixels.

The second thing you need is a landing page that will encourage people to like your page and capture your visitors' contact information. You can do this by offering a special offer, coupon code or freeby in return, depending on your business. Set the default landing page to to this custom page in your settings, as the default setting is to your wall.

Then it is time to start posting to your wall, driving traffic to your welcome/landing page (which can be done with facebook ads and sponsored stories) and engaging with your customers.

I have lots of free information on my blog at http://louisesteiner.com and would be happy to help you out with any questions you may have.

Best of luck
Louise Steiner

What you can do is create a business page, promote it to get people to like it and then post messages about your business on your Facebook page so your followers can stay up to date on what's going on.