This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Tumblr help please?
04-08-2014, 09:44 PM
Tumblr help please?
My friend and I made a tumblr together and she wants to add her own pictures that she took, and when she tags her name it has to go to that area..? I don't know how to do that if someone could help that would be great!

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-08-2014, 09:46 PM

You mean like have your "face" page on ur blog.
Tag all the posts you want on the page with the same tag> then go to Customize> Pages> then click "Make a New Page. > now change the page type to "redirect"
> now in the URL box put what you want to call your new page (i.g. Photos of Me, About Me, etc.) > and finally where it says "Redirect to" you need to put the URL for your new page. It should look something like
http://YOUR TUMBLR URL WOULD BE HERE.tumblr/tagged/NAME OF THE TAG

Ads

04-08-2014, 09:47 PM

want hundreds of easy tumblr followers? click this link:
http://www.tumblrfind.com/index.php?ref=niagarafails
it is not a scam, just log in with your url and you'll see.
it does not auto follow or auto post, unlike other websites.
check it out!
04-08-2014, 09:54 PM

Since you said that you've just made a tumblr I'm going to assume you only have a basic knowledge of the sight (meaning how to create posts) and I'm going to go through basically step by step in the case that you don't know how to do everything besides creating a post, because better safe than sorry.

This is the fastest and easiest way to do it, I've found.

1) make sure that all of her pictures are tagged with the same thing (so her name or whatever you guys decide) This is done when you create a post of a picture. There's like a box that says caption and then under that there's another box with a little tag next to it (it looks like a price tag); that's where you would place that tag.

*If you forgot to tag them you can go to the post in your blog and click edit and add it then, and it will work the same. If there are multiple ones that you forgot to tag go to your blog page by clicking the "posts" button when you're on your dashboard, and then when you get to that page, under the column that says like posts, followers, activity, drafts and whatnot is a little link that says "mass post editor". Click on that and it will take you to a page that shows all your posts. Click on all the posts you want to tag, once they're selected click the add tags button and add the tags. They save automatically. You can close out of that once you're happy with your tags and proceed on to step 2.

2) go into your theme edit page, and under the customize settings there might be a spot where you can add a new link* (most theme makers label them something like "link 1" and that's where you'd write something like "blah blah's pictahs". And then there would be a "link 1 URL" thing under or near it. That's where you would write /tagged/whatever the tag was (so if it was her name you'd write /tagged/name)

* If there isn't a place for links in your theme you can put it in your description by using html, which is supported by tumblr basically everywhere because it's internet language.

simply type (or copy) the following, replacing "name" with whatever your tag is.

<a href="/tagged/name">blah blah's photos</a>