This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
What would you say about this Facebook parenting viral video ?
10-15-2012, 08:53 PM
What would you say about this Facebook parenting viral video ?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kl1ujzRid...Tzge0gAAAA

That guy just went too far. And people keep babbling it is a marketing scam. Your thoughts?

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
10-15-2012, 09:01 PM

He didn't go too far. It's good.

Ads

I think it's interesting.

It DOES drive into people's heads that kids these days are complaining like crazy and being rather ungrateful sometimes, and there's loads of drama that is really unnecessary. I admit that shooting the laptop was a bit weird (it's the reason why this video garnered all that attention), but I think it makes his point really well and it's good for people to see this.

His daughter was seriously being really rude anyway.

I think he's an idiot that went too far.

(That is if it's real and not a marketing ploy as you say)

seems fair enough. maybe he should have sold it instead though

I think he had every right to do what he did.He bought and paid for the laptop it really was his property.So he could dispose of it as he pleased.His daughter is ungrateful for all that he is providing for her.Parents don't owe their kids anything but a roof over their heads and food and shelter.Also love and I'm sure he does love her very much.But she disrespected her parents and he showed her what happens when you do that in the real world.You lose out on things.It's not like he slapped her around or something.

Now THAT's good parenting.

Is that the video with the Southern guy shooting his daughter laptop, I saw that video yesterday or day before yesterday on wshh.

I think he should have sold it or give it away to someone.

Not sure how it could be a marketing scam. A marketing scam is where you are conned into spending money on a product or service that doesn't exist

I don't think he went too far. You don't know how long this has been going on and the dad probably told the daughter a hundred times that he was going to destroy the computer

It's his property, he paid for it, he can do whatever he wants with it

At first I could not understand why he didn't take it down after all his Facebook friends saw the video. I wondered why he would keep humiliating his daughter like that? Then I saw the ad on it and thought, Aha! It's now a money maker for him. I found it funny that he had a humiliating video of himself on his YouTube account titled T-t-tommy and Tom, that had showed him drunk and kissing a guy full on the lips, for all the world to see. He has since made that video private. Google it, if you don't believe me. There is still a description for it. Here is a copy and paste of the description from a Google search.
"T-t-tommy and Tom - YouTube
â–º 4:39
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6T_KzzSX4bQ
Jan 1, 2007 - 5 min - Uploaded by alornmage
The Scoobies went to Atlantic Beach for New Years this year. This is one of the few times we caught me drunk ..."
I also believe that he has went too far. It appears that he misused a firearm to prove that he has power over his daughter’s actions. He had a choice between talking to his daughter and shooting her laptop. He took the cowards’ way out of the situation. It appears that the only parenting skills he has in his arsenal are a handgun and public humiliation. He needs to learn that parenting isn't about getting a child to do what you want. It is about raising a child into becoming a healthy, happy, stable adult. It appears that she was being a typical teenager, who uses Facebook as a diary. She felt safe expressing her feelings because she used Facebook privacy settings to lock her parents out of seeing her status. What she said was never meant for the entire world to see, as her father has now done. A parent should not take a chance of putting their family in danger of harm from strangers on the internet, by making a public spectacle of their family's dysfunctional problems. By making his privacy settings on Facebook public and by having other videos on his YouTube account, a person can easily figure out where the child lives, where she goes to school, where she goes to church, who her relatives are, and where her parents work. The way people are name-calling and talking about her, it worries me that the whole world has this information. Parenting is also about keeping your child safe. The only lesson he taught her is that it’s okay to destroy possessions if you are upset. The point of discipline is to modify a behavior. I'm still unclear what behavior he is trying to modify. He shot the laptop because she publicly complained and cursed on the internet about the amount of chores that she has to do. So as a punishment he publicly complained and cursed on the internet, about her publicly complaining and cursing on the internet. Children model their parents’ behavior.