This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Google Keyword Planner - Please Help!?
04-08-2014, 09:45 PM
Google Keyword Planner - Please Help!?
I'm really confused trying to learn this, can anyone answer this please.

I have noticed that traffic estimator says certain keywords will apparently get you a LOT more traffic than others even with the EXACT same budget, why is this??

For example.

One term related to "weight loss" get just over 10k/month searches.

Another term relating to "running" also gets just over 10k/month searches too

BUT

With a £0.50 bid on clicks and £20 daily budget... the one related to "weight loss" will get you 32 clicks but if you were to put that money into a campaign for the "running" keywords, you will apparently only get 4 clicks?

Has anyone any idea why this is? Thanks.

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-08-2014, 09:54 PM

Adwords pricing is set by competitive bidding, the more competitive terms with high commercial intent tend to cost more than less profitable keywords, that running keyword must be a hot one, I would have expected Wright Loss to be a higher cost category.

There are other factors that effect ad cost and placement, the Adwords quality score can actually allow a ad in the top position to cost far less than one on the 6th position, if it had a much higher quality score, the matching of the landing oage to the ad copy and trust worthiness of the landing page site are big factors, (the total spend of an advertiser could be a factor, 90% of Adwords sales are to companies spending more that $100,000 a month)

Ads

04-08-2014, 09:58 PM

They may also be figuring which match type ie exact match will get much less traffic but more targeted than a broad match keyword which will get more traffic but less qualified leads. Feel free to visit our PPC blog. We're adding new helpful content always. http://www.computerbaron.net/blog