This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Can't get rid of Bing on google chrome?
04-08-2014, 10:27 PM
Can't get rid of Bing on google chrome?
When i first open up google chrome it goes to google.com, which is what I want. But when i open a new tab, it goes to bing. I've changed my homepage in settings to google, but it will still go to bing when i open a new page. I actually want it to go to apps, where it shows the apps you have downloaded, but i'd be fine with google. How can I change this? I've already tried deleting anything bing on my computer, but it doesn't do anything. How do i get rid of bing?
I tried everything. I deleted all extensions, I made sure that everything was set to google (it was) and I deleted anything on my computer that had to do with bing. I also reset google chrome. Bing is still there.

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-08-2014, 10:35 PM

Go to settings and scroll to "Search", then click "manage search engines." If that doesn't work, go to settings and click "Extensions" and check there.

Ads

04-08-2014, 10:41 PM

In chrome, open settings and verify that Bing is not set for the following,
/settings/onstart up
/settings/search

Good Luck.
04-08-2014, 10:55 PM

Under settings, where it says "On startup", you'll want to have the "Open the New Tab page" bubble selected.
Also, make sure the website it sends you to is just "Bing.com" - If it's anything else, it may be a virus.

If nothing else helps, if you open your advanced settings (bottom of settings page), there will be an option at the very bottom to reset your browser settings. This should change everything back to how it was when you installed Chrome, but it will still keep your bookmarks and whatnot.