This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
What is a good adwords conversion rate for a tradesman such as a roofer or a plumber?
04-09-2014, 04:37 AM
What is a good adwords conversion rate for a tradesman such as a roofer or a plumber?
When i say conversion rate, i mean the number of clicks divided by the action.

In this case the action is to fill in a simple form with their details and submit it. The click on the ad takes them to the page with this form on it and it is a form with name, email, phone number and optional message.

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-09-2014, 04:53 AM

It is going to depend on the page massively and the search term. Where is the incentive to fill in this form - to contact a trader? Do they get a discount.

I have very little idea but I am guessing 50% would be good if your page and service is what people are exactly looking for and about 10% if it is not that relevant. You need to split test and see.

Hope that helps - remember people will want a reason to fill in that form.

Ads

04-09-2014, 05:08 AM

Believe it or not, the conversion rate doesn't matter at all.

Here's why. You just want to make sure you are making more than you are spending in advertising. Sounds simple, but a lot of people forget this basic fact. For example, if you have a high profit margin, you can afford a lower conversion rate.

Here's what you do. You figure out what a lead is worth to you. So if out of every 10 leads you get an average of 1 paying customer that profits you an average of $500. You then take 500/10 = $50. That's how much each lead is worth to you.

So in reality it's not conversion rate that you should be worried about. You should focus on CPA (cost per acquisition). Using the hypothetical numbers I used here, you must make sure you are spending on average less than $50 to get 1 conversion.

Obviously these numbers are made up, but you get the idea. Hope this helps!