This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Is this website legit?
04-09-2014, 05:33 AM
Is this website legit?
I recently purchased some boots from http://www.boscawenhotel.co.uk.
The web site seemed to be legit and based in the uk but im now having second thoughts as they haven't replied to my emails and when i went back to the website the domain name has changed to thegoldleaf.eu.

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-09-2014, 05:39 AM

Any UK ecommerce site is required to list a phone number and VAT or Companies House ID number on their site
Why would you buy boots from a hotel?
Their phone number can be found here http://www.wozzoncornwall.co.uk/venues/11343

Ads

04-09-2014, 05:49 AM

You bought boots from a Hotel? that is almost certainly a Chinese counterfeit seller, Google Maps can't locate the address given in the original site registration, the new domain name is registered through a service favored by scam operators.

The site Contact Us page gives no phone# or address documenting the business, their about us text is completely generic boiler plate language, that gray fine print description dozen sound like a native English speaker's work.

Though I couldn't find actual Chinese fingerprints in this case, the site has the earmarks of a counterfeit site using a stolen web site content.

The 3 basic tests you can make of an online store (for next time).

1) Check the domain name whois owner information, many of the Chinese counterfeit sites will be immediately exposed, (anything from China would be fakes.)
http://www.networksolutions.com/whois/index.jsp

2) Test 2: check the Contact Us page, if there is no identifying phone# or address forget it, imagine how easily an email alone can be ignored.

3) Search the web for complaints, try Googling: "thesite.com" scam, to see if it's been submitted to fraud site registries, a site under 3 months old may not yet be included even it deserving.

Some have joked about the material used in Chinese made Ugg boots, if your "dogs are barking" after a long walk, it may not be your feet.
04-09-2014, 06:03 AM

I didn't use that site what you mentioned here.But,you can easily find that site is legit (or) scam site.
Visit the site WhoisXY.com here you can get the details like Registrar Name,Registrar Whois,Owner mail ID,Contact Address,Phone number,FAX number etc..using Whois Search tool.

Using that details guess it is legit site or not (or) E-mail/contact to the owner and know the details about that site and also read review about that site and know about it.