This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
What to do now for Anchor text, Please Suggest.?
04-09-2014, 08:00 AM
What to do now for Anchor text, Please Suggest.?
Hello Every one,

As I am newbie in SEO field please suggest me what to do.....!!! Sad
On the release of Penguin 2.1 On Friday, October 4, 2013. My site SERP has been fallen down but not been penalized.

Suppose if we change the anchor text of the previously submitted article that has been published but not change the url.
than
1) what will happen to my ranking ?
2) Doing this (changing Anchor text) is a spam or not ?
3) Is these changes will be notice by the Google ?
4) If this is a spam than plz suggest me what to do to improve my site SERP ?

Thanks in advance.

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-09-2014, 08:04 AM

Changing 1 link is not going to have a big impact, I have not heard of any issues from changing anchor text.

It is important to vary anchor text, using keywords in bigger phrases and maybe only using anchor text in 15% to 20% of links.

Ads

04-09-2014, 08:19 AM

Sam

I have quite experienced a few things in my website with the Penguin update. But then, I did not acquire any of the penalizing message. uhh! That has really made me feel comfort. Yet, looking back to the consequences I was able to figure out some distractions been happened in promotional strategies.

Opting the exact phrase/keyword for promotion has slit down the results. Anchor text can be preferred so:

May be 50% exact match (eg: Search Engine Marketing)
25% of including a phrase/sentence (eg: Succeed your business by search engine marketing)
25% of the varied (Eg: click here, find more, etc)

Such preferences would have sorted out the drawback, if it was done at the earliest.

However, it's better to look for the back links acquired from the search engines considering the anchor text. If you were to find the numerous links pointing from a single domain, try analyzing if it's really been worthy or a spam.

If that looks to be a spam, just ensure to remove the links (including from the other sites too).

This can help your site to move up a little.

Good luck!
04-09-2014, 08:33 AM

It is such waste of time for changing anchor text for old articles. It is better that create new links with high quality. Just keep in mind that don't use same anchor text for many links.