This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
How do I know if my robber is out of prison?
04-09-2014, 03:41 PM
How do I know if my robber is out of prison?
On October 19th, 2007, I was the victim of an armed robbery. I was driving at the time, and this guy got into my vehicle, told me to drive off and he shown me a gun and said that this was a robbery. I gave him my cash and he took my cell phone at the time. No shots were fired.

A year later, justice was served. I went to court with him, and he was sentenced to 15 years in prison. Charged with Kidnapping, Aggravated Assault, Deadly Weapon charges, and of course Armed Robbery. I do not know if after the first 5 years he is already out or still in.

I (today) found a facebook profile of what appeared to what could be his facebook. His most recent post, that I could see was made on July 5th, 2013, which said "Slow motion.......". On July 2nd, 2013, he posted a picture of what appears to be himself and all his tattoos showing. I recognize him.

I do not know if he is out or not, but whatever the case, I am worried for my life now. What should I do if he really is out?

Could I go to the courthouse and see if he is still in, or is there a number or website I can call or see?

Somebody ANYTHING!

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-09-2014, 03:51 PM

Call the prosecutors office and ask how to find out if this person is in prison. It is possible that he has access to computer and Internet there. In some states, they notify victims before releasing the criminal. Ask the prosecutor's office.

Ads

04-09-2014, 03:58 PM

naah hes probably learned his lesson. he wont touch you
04-09-2014, 03:59 PM

Call the prison and state his name asking if he is still in prison. If he is out you can try to get a restraining order and just in case that doesn't stop him carry around pepper spray or a small knife but only use it in self defiance otherwise you can be the one charged
04-09-2014, 04:12 PM

If you know his name then you can look up him up on your areas jail&#x2F;prison roster. For example I live in Harris county so I would look up &quot;Harris County Jail Roster&quot; and it would look up and tell you charges, court dates, and release information on any inmate thats in that jail.
04-09-2014, 04:15 PM

Two ways.
Check the inmate locator for your state's corrections.
Just be careful if you google. Lots of sites looking for money BUT all states have a good site. Look for .gov or the two letter state initials.
That site will tell you if out, on parole or completely free, if at a halfway house or if still in when next parole hearing or potential release date.

The other way is to contact the county of conviction prosecutors office. They all have some type of victim/witness office who will send or call you with notifications if he is let out.
04-09-2014, 04:21 PM

Just want to let you know I tried 0110's method and it works for California. I located a guy in Folsom Prison who assaulted someone I know. Good to know he is still behind bars.