This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
What should you do when you order something online and it doesn't come due to a stock issue?
04-09-2014, 05:09 PM
What should you do when you order something online and it doesn't come due to a stock issue?
I got an email from gamestop stating that due to an an "unforseen" stock issue your item you ordered is currently unavailable and will be shipped within the next 2 weeks if it does become available blah blah blah.... I feel like that's false advertising and I should be able to get something out of this by BSing getting pissed off. I would like to know how to go about this... even free shipping would be good I just don't know the correct way to go about complaining...

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-09-2014, 05:19 PM

These things happen. Your two main options are: wait for the order to be filled or cancel your order. The message you got from them sounds really "iffy", especially the part about "...if it does become available...". If you're a good patron of GameStop and have bought other things from them, you can contact them and remind them that you're a good customer and about how disappointed you are with their being unable to ship your order in a timely manner. (OK, you're young and male so "timely manner" might be over-doing it:-) Tell them you need confirmation of the availability of the item. In other words, you need to know if it's ever going to be available and restocked at GameStop. If they can't give you a solid answer and if you want to see the item you ordered before you're an old man, you should probably cancel your order and buy it somewhere else. Many times, just telling them you're canceling will get them to make you some offers - like free shipping or discounts, etc.

Ads

04-09-2014, 05:27 PM

Don't email, find a customer service number. Make sure you get the email, an order confirmation, etc. ready to speak to them. Tell them you ordered this, it was in stock and is not now and what they will do about their error. Just be direct and calm.