This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
How much marketing budget should I spend on a facebook campaign?
10-15-2012, 08:54 PM
How much marketing budget should I spend on a facebook campaign?
A decent daily budget that would get results or will give me an overview of what's working and what's not.

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
10-15-2012, 09:02 PM

why you should bother to pay if you can get it for free, It costs NOTHING to run this entire business. And when I say nothing, I really mean nothing! This is something that really hooked me with this model of making money, and is a benefit not to be understated. Since you’re using free Facebook Fan Pages and not Facebook Advertising, your clicks cost nothing. You can promote anything as an affiliate and make as much money as you want, and no-one has any claim to any of it. This is a huge benefit because it means you can build up your income at your own pace,without racking up bills and overheads that need paying.

Ads

10-15-2012, 09:02 PM

There are a couple ways to approach this. As someone already pointed out, you can leverage a Facebook Fan Page 'for free'. However, this does involve direct labor costs, and of course, using social media can be very time consuming. It really depends on what you are using it for. Most companies use Facebook to engage customers and to interact with them; both to drive loyalty and attraction of new clients. These are often existing brands with high brand equity and awareness, where consumers or business entities are already pursuing and 'liking' their pages. If you are a company in the entrance stages, then you should approach an advertising budget not based on a % of sales, but on the ROI. If you plan on running paid ads, select the CPC or cost per click, when you only incur a cost when the user clicks through to your page. If you pay per impression, then you are incurring cost for volume only and not exposure. If you are selling a product online, then you should focus on your budget as a percentage of conversion, or as I mentioned earlier, ROI. If you spend 10 dollars on 5 clicks, and 1 user purchases a $30 dollar product, then you can measure your performance then. The way to make this really work is to find 'high intent to buy' keywords, where if the user clicks on it, they are actually interested in purchasing your product or service. You'll need to take the time to address that carefully. I'd also suggest piloting many version of the same ad at first to see which one performs better. That is..changing the wording etc. In e-mail marketing this is referred to as A/B testing, etc.