This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
im 13 and how do i write a book?
04-10-2014, 01:50 AM
im 13 and how do i write a book?
i have an idea of becoming an athlete, architect and book writer when im older and i want to start my book now ....... im also going to invest and became rich btw i got my life planed

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-10-2014, 02:03 AM

better to get your life planned then to get it planed-

just start writing- just like anything else- you have to write the words down- then go back over and do it better and better until you get it right-

Ads

04-10-2014, 02:06 AM

Writing a book will not make you rich. I'm going to debunk that myth now.

You write a book by coming up with a damn good idea that YOU'RE passionate about, never mind coming on here and asking "What ideas do you have?"/"What should I write about?". That just makes you someone who can copy ideas, it doesn't make you a writer. Besides, coming up with ideas yourself is fun, so I don't understand why people would want to copy.

Start by thinking of a character. Write down their name, where they live, what their back-story is, what passions they have. Next, you need to think of your plot. Choose what you like - legends you're interested in, dreams you've had that were vivid, conversations you've heard ...

Keep brainstorming, and when you're done put your character and plot side by side to see how they fit in together.

Only when you've written the whole thing, edited and edited again should you think about publishing.
04-10-2014, 02:23 AM

You don't have your life planned. You just wish to be rich. If you had your life planned you wouldn't be asking this and you wouldn't expect to be rich.
How do you write a book?
Try journaling every day for a few years to develop some writing skills first.
04-10-2014, 02:39 AM

Writing takes time, skill and planning.
You have to have a concept for a story, an outline, beginning, middle climax and ending.
You need to plan the characters, descriptively, age etc
You have to have a place for all this to happen.

Now you can also write a book about your ow life experiences.that would be a lot easier and you could draw on your own experiences..
I am sure you are journalling already and have a good grasp of english composition.
Give it a try, it is fun and very rewarding.,
04-10-2014, 02:44 AM

Uh.. try writing a short story first. You need lots of writing experience to write a book..
The way your question is written makes me think you may not have that experience yet.
04-10-2014, 02:45 AM

I wish you all the luck with that kid. I think there's one thing you need to do to start yourself off as a good writer. That's "Write good always." That means no more text writing and all lower case letters. When you're updating your twitter, facebook, or writing emails to friends, you take the extra time to use proper capitalization and punctuation. No more abbreviations either. Everything should be spelled out and throw out your text short hand unless you are actually texting. No more LoL's or WTF. (Emotocons are still okay. Wink
04-10-2014, 02:57 AM

HAHA this is the stupidest question I've ever seen on Yahoo
Dream on, kid.
04-10-2014, 03:11 AM

First, plan your story.
Write it on a word processing document (such as Microsoft Word/Kingsoft Writer/LibreOffice Writer), keep in mind that it may take up to a year to complete writing your story
Check your story to make sure that it is perfect (in some cases, there may be a small amount of errors, it doesn't really matter because I even saw typographical errors happening in books that has already been published)
Convert it to PDF.

Then you will have to find a publisher, upload your pdf file to their website, and send them a quote, they will print the document you uploaded, and bind it into a book for you.