This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Why do I get lots of ads on the internet?
04-10-2014, 02:58 AM
Why do I get lots of ads on the internet?
When I'm on websites such as YouTube or FIFA or any website I get lots of ads that shouldn't be there. Like when I'm on YouTube to the left of the video I'll get stuff like, 'Women who is 73 looks 22 with a secret doctors don't want you to know' or 'Get whiter teeth with this quick method' and they look disgusting. I went on the TV guide website before and I got a big ad to the right with a load of shoes for sale. I never used to get these and I'm not sure if it was something I downloaded - and I'm pretty sure it wasn't - and I don't know how to get rid of them. I'm using Internet Explorer and it happens on Google Chrome too. If anyone can tell me how to fix it I'd really appreciate it.

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-10-2014, 03:06 AM

download Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware and run a scan. if you still see the ads, download Firefox and use the Ad-block Plus extension.

Ads

04-10-2014, 03:09 AM

DO NOT download Malware or ad blocking software. You need to first try to uninstall and reinstall both browsers. Use google to help you or contact me and I can guide you through the process. Glad to help!
04-10-2014, 03:15 AM

You can change the website to show one of many different people. You can use a special browser to help them turn pff coca ola.