This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Best Techniques For International SEO - Mainly US and Canada?
04-10-2014, 03:15 AM
Best Techniques For International SEO - Mainly US and Canada?
Hi There,

I live in the UK and have a website with a .com extension. I would like my website to rank in both the US and Canada. When I have researched international SEO it tells me techniques such as making sure I have a physical address in those countries and been able to translate languages for multiple countries
However as I don’t have a physical address in either country and the fact that English is spoken in both countries I can’t apply these methods.

What other techniques are there?

I do cycling tours in Europe so my content only features on content about those tours and nothing exclusive to either the US or Canada.

I would appreciate any suggestions.

Many Thanks

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-10-2014, 03:17 AM

Erm, not an easy one to answer really.Your .com extension is a good start, I'd also buy hosting from a company with servers in the US.

To be honest, it's kinda difficult to come up with a more comprehensive answer without the following info..

1) Your website
2) Why you want it to show up in US search results
3) The keywords you want to target.

Ads

04-10-2014, 03:19 AM

Hi Jhon,

It's good that you have .com site so I’ve following suggestions that definitely will work for you.

Top Action items.
•First check where is your potential customer, US or Canada?
•Using Google webmaster, go to Configuration ->Settings -> select the Geographic target as US or Canada, it’s up to you.
•How will you decide US or Canada? – Check Google Analytics Geographic, check there from where maximum visitors come from then you can decide for it.
•Do more research on local Optimization.
•Do more research on Geo keywords, like “cycling tours in US” and “cycling tours in Canada”.
•Optimize the long tail keywords.
•Interlinked the site with all social media profiles like G+, Facebook, LinkedIn, Pintrest, Youtube, etc.
•Create a blog for site and write frequent post for same as sub domain like ABC.com/Blog
•Follow blog authentication process for Google Plus profile,

All the best, let me know if you still have any question.
04-10-2014, 03:22 AM

I have websites whch rank in the UK, US and Canada without any particular problem. But it only works if you have content that US and Canadian users engage with. So what do you want to rank for "Cycling Tours Europe"?

Do your on page SEO well, get some links from US websites (cycling magasines, enthuisiast websites, etc). Talk to these websites about promotions for the members, competitions, etc. Goof old fashioned marketing which also leads to links!
04-10-2014, 03:23 AM

Find the desired keywords. If the keyword contain location name that will be an advantage.

Now create different page for different market or even can create different subdomain too. For example:
Yourdomain.com you can create a subdomain for canada Canada.yourdomain.com (if you want to provide lots of post then subdomain will be best) or you can go with something like yourdomain.com/canada/your-post-title/

I just answered on the basis of your current problem. There are lots of other facts also to do well in ranking and create brand reputation. So keep those on mind too.
04-10-2014, 03:37 AM

Best Techniques :

Quality content marketing
Social media marketing
PR