This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
How do you stop someone tagging you in a photo on Facebook?
04-10-2014, 05:30 AM
How do you stop someone tagging you in a photo on Facebook?
I CANNOT FIND THE OPTION. The best thing I could find was "review tags people add of you" which doesn't actually STOP them from tagging me, it just means it won't appear on my timeline.

How do I actually STOP a person from adding the tag in the first place???!!!

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-10-2014, 05:32 AM

Unfortunately, you can't prevent someone from tagging you in general, but there are measures that can be taken to allow you to either review posts that you've been tagged in BEFORE the tagged post appears on your wall, OR (if you don't want to go through the hassle of reviewing posts others have tagged you in), you can even dictate exactly who is able to see the posts you are tagged in (amongst your facebook friends list, that is).

To do either of those things:
1. log in to Facebook
2. in the right hand corner of the page, click the icon that looks like a padlock (to the right of your name)
3. click "See More Settings" at the bottom of the list
4. in the toolbar list to the far right of the page, click "Timeline and Tagging"

On the resulting page, many options are available to you to help maintain your privacy regarding what appears on your timeline and posts you may be tagged in, including who of your friends can see them.

Ads

04-10-2014, 05:41 AM

Set the privilege on your tag setting so that only those person participate in this that permitted.