This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
eBay bid question?
04-10-2014, 08:25 AM
eBay bid question?
I am selling an item via auction on ebay. There are 8 hours left and the item has one bid so far. Somebody messaged me on ebay offering to buy it now price that I am willing to accept. How do I go about doing this? Do I cancel the auction? Do I add a buy it now price? Help please!

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-10-2014, 08:41 AM

Add a buy it now price & ask them to complete the transaction through Ebay. If they are no prepared to do this then they are a scammer most likely. Never complete a transaction off of Ebay, there is no buyer or seller protection once you do this. The fact your item has only had 1 bid doesn't mean it won't have more bids in the final few minutes or seconds. Many people using sniping tools that bid on their behalf with a few seconds of the auction remaining. I do this sometimes if an item ends at a time when I can't access Ebay. Otherwise if I am online I wait & bid with about 15 seconds to go. Bidding early just pushes the price up.

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply