This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Should I give in?
04-10-2014, 01:52 PM
Should I give in?
My two close friends have been ignoring me for a few days, and, having no idea what I've done, have ignored them as well. Today in our group conversation on Facebook, tired of posting things and getting a simple emoticon or 'seen' in return, I left the conversation, my last post being 'fine'. Later on I saw that one of my best friends wrote back 'you ignored us first, done'. I am really upset and just want to resolve everything. But also at the same time, I am tired of always being the one who speaks first and apologizes. My mother has told me to wait for them to contact me first, but I am torn. I was really close to them and they just started pulling away from me. One of them was my very best friend until the other (the one who wrote back 'you ignored us first'), had taken over. I am beginning to resent her for taking my best friend from me. I have been friends with my best friend since we were six, and only met the other in high school. Should I yet again be the bigger person and apologize first, or let them contact me first for once?

(I realize how petty I sound, but I am very torn and don't know what to do)

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-10-2014, 01:54 PM

Depends... do you wanna be friends with them? If so, then just "do it first" because in life, you can't always depend on others to do things (although interdependence is a nice thing)...

I dunno the whole situation... why was y'all ignoring each other in the first place? Were you just trying to get attention from your best friend who seems to be drifting away from you?

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply