This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Moving background intriguing or irritating?
10-15-2012, 08:55 PM
Moving background intriguing or irritating?
Hi guys,

I was gonna post this on facebook but I'll just get trolled. I need some opinions, preferably from people with a business or marketing background...

Is the moving background on my website intriguing or irratating? The site is http://www.moxiemarketing.com.au and basically it's still a work in progress, but I just like to get opinions from the y! community before I go ahead and change too much more.

Please have a look for me and let me know, if you can, also let me know what your looking (windows, ipad, laptop) at it on and if there is anything else you can give me feedback on?
heya, dear person that wrote "reminiscant of when..."

Yea thats totally why I even started this thread, because I am worried of that. Nothing is worse than those sites that thought it was sooooo cool to pack as many animated things as they could onto a page, gave you a headache!

I've tried to avoid this and JUST have a background that appears to be doing something exciting, you don't think it's helping? Still looking a bit too 'try-hard' ? Appreciate your feedback Smile

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
10-15-2012, 09:03 PM

To be honest, it is kind of reminiscent of a time when website creators crammed as many scrolling marquees and animated gifs as possible into their sites.

Edit:

No problem, and I am glad you didn't take offense. It is better to highlight your content. From what I could tell of what you have so far, you will really need for it to be concise and stand out and not let other things on the page grab the attention away. If you are wanting movement, maybe try a gallery type header something that fades from one image with text superimposed to the next. Good luck with the site and careful with those sharp sticks, you know it's all fun and games until someone looses an eye!

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply