This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Facebook Lover?
04-11-2014, 10:35 PM
Facebook Lover?
Okay...this is awkward, but I'm friends with this kid on Facebook and I think it's love. Not really, but I think he's cool and I see him around campus all the freakin' time. I'd like to talk to him...or send him a message AT LEAST...but what's the least awkward thing to start off by saying? "Hey...you're hot" seems a little childish!

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-11-2014, 10:37 PM

just get over yourself and say it and then everything will just fall in place

Ads

04-11-2014, 10:39 PM

poke him (on facebook OR in real life hehe) Smile
i think that's pretty much what it's for...
04-11-2014, 10:45 PM

how about hi
or been waiting to meet you in person
or great to finally meet my internet pal
04-11-2014, 10:54 PM

this has actually happened to a friend of mine but it was a little more stalkish then this don't do this

we go to a party and this girl walks up to one of my friends and says hey ur "chase", are u still dating "ashley" u cut ur hair its different then ur picture so whats going on with u and "ashley"

what u should do is if u haven't added him already just do it i did it with a friend of mine who i thought was cute and we started talking and it ended up great but since u already added him just send him a message and say something like
"hey i saw u were on my friends list thought i would say hi"
something like that with the small talk.
04-11-2014, 10:57 PM

Childish isn't so bad. Have you ever thought about children...they are very honest and noramlly get their way. It is acting adultish that hurts us! Let em know!
04-11-2014, 11:08 PM

Understanding your own feelings in a situation like this can be hard, but it's even harder to predict his- he might be in a relationship, or he might not be ready for one. On the other hand, you may be the breath of fresh air he's been waiting for.

The longer you wait, however, the more of a chance he's going to develop or become deeper entrenched in a relationship- for you to have your best chance, approach him tonight! Don't necessarily say "I think you're hot, let's hook up" (Besides, if he's the kind of guy who'd bite on that then you're going to have some faithfulness issues down the road), but perhaps something like "Hey, I like your profile, and I see you all the time- I'd like to get to know you. I know it's a little forward, but can we meet for coffee or lunch sometime?"

Don't make your feelings known just yet, though- you may either frighten him off or make him think you're too easy- remember, if a guy thinks you're a secure bet, he's not really going to value you as much. Take it from me, I'm a guy- women I've had to fight for are the ones *worth* fighting for. If you throw yourself at him, you've sold yourself for nothing. Don't necessarily put yourself out of reach, but just be there and coax him along if you want to go further.

I hope this helps a little. Best of luck!