This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
A help on keyword research on niches?
04-12-2014, 08:40 AM
A help on keyword research on niches?
Hey Guys,
I am new to internet marketing and i have just started to build niche websites. I have found some profitable niches after doing some keyword research on them. They are:

- back acne
- bacne
- body acne
- olay pro-x

I just want to make sure they are profitable and just want to know about their competition.
Just wanna cross check the work i did as a beginner.
Please just tell me if they are good or not? If not, how?
And a little more thing about the EMD update of google? what is it actually?
Can i register a exact match domain for a quality website after EMD update?
Thanks
CHEERS!
and 'chest acne' as well is an another niche.

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-12-2014, 08:43 AM

Ya its real happens.

Ads

04-12-2014, 08:47 AM

Hi Nishant.

Without going and doing the research I don't know whether those niches will be profitable for you. Although to look at them, there will certainly be motivated buyers in those niches, so I suspect the potential is there.

The real challenge is picking keywords that make sense for the site that you want to build, and then creating content that deserves to rank for those keywords. I've written a guide to how I do keyword research and select relevant keywords here:

http://www.thinktraffic.co.uk/keyword-research

After that you just need to work hard at building good content and marketing that content. To make money in this sort of a niche your biggest challenge will probably be building trust, so try to build a brand.

Regarding exact match domains:

Having an EMD will NOT give you any advantage in terms of getting rankings. But equally, it will not harm your site.

Because they were abused in the past, EMDs often look spammy, so it may be worth instead coming up with more of a brand name type domain and try to build a brand that people can trust.

For instance, rather than:

olayproxacnetreatments (.com)

go for something more like:

theacneexpert (.com)

Hope that helps.
04-12-2014, 09:00 AM

Treatment acne
remove acne
04-12-2014, 09:09 AM

Exact match domain names still can have a significant ranking advantage, a few test searches can conform this, though Google has received enough complaints about lower quality sites getting unfair ranking to warrant their "looking into it" the value if them will probably be discounted soon, that being a name that makes sense as a business title may be important, some junk keyword domain might only be suitable as a satellite link source. Do use the [Exact match] and local options in the Google keyword Tool to get more accurate traffic estimates for a keyword, while the top search results is said to get about 34% of all search clicks, the clicks are about 1/2 as much for each 2 position drop in SRP. So the 9th result on page 1 might be projected to get about 2% of the estimated [exact match] traffic.

One useful research tool is Market Samuri, it has a full function trial period and some affiliates offer purchase lick backs to lower the moderate price, it combines mostly public keyword data in handy competitiveness indicators. All of the best exact match .com names are gone, a previously suggested incorporating a keyword in a longer domain name still provides some benefit with out looking so SEO spammy. The bulk search link under the Godaddy Find Your Name tab helps you check the availability of a list of name ideas. My favorite domain name checker tool that tried a dictionary of ad on words has gone away, but there are probably other similar time savers out here.

The name alone is just one small aspect, you still need lots of quality original content and regular updates to keep the search engines interested, some sites get more traffic from single occurrences of long tail keywords than from targeted keywords (probably less so in a niche site) you certain want to avail yourself of all the tracking you can handle to see what keywords are actually bring the traffic as well as which ones result in clicks.
04-12-2014, 09:11 AM

Hi,

The best in Keyword research that will help you with all needed info is "google keyword tool"
https://adwords.google.com/o/KeywordTool

this is the best Wink

after you find your best keywords you can check our cheap backlinks services at: http://seoestore.net
Regards,
04-12-2014, 09:25 AM

I believe the back acne or body acne niche is a good one. It will have desperate and passionate buyers, which is a must for Internet Marketing.

You are going to have to do your own keyword research, no one can do it for you. The four keywords you provided are good seed words, but I wouldn't use them as the main keywords to go after. Start with the Google keyword tool, it is free and it is easy to use. Make sure you click on the exact match, and take off the broad match selection button. Just put each of those three keywords in the keyword tool field and see what is returned. Look for keywords and phrases that have lots of monthly searches and low competition. I usually look for a second opinion when it comes to choosing the keyword phrases I am going to try to rank.

Other tools that I have found useful for this are:
Micro Niche Finder
Stealth Keyword Competition Finder
I hear that lots of people use and swear by Market Samarai, but I found it too expensive to try.

Realize that with the list of four words that you provided, that three of them are generic problem keywords, and one is a brand/product name.

People searching for the generic problem words might be further out in their decision to buy than those searching for a brand/product name. The latter is called a buyer's keyword, and is more likely to get conversions than the other three. However, the other three would likely have more traffic.

I would run each of your keywords through Google, and through a second keyword analysis tool. I would work at finding 10-15 high traffic, low competition keyword phrases that have 3-4 words per phrase (long tail keywords). My guess is that the three generic one-to-two word phrases that you mentioned will have lots of traffic, but lots of competition, and will be hard to rank for.

I would also suggest that you find 2-4 other specific brands/products that you can sell as an affiliate. (such as the Olay Pro-x).

Create one page informational articles for each of the 10-15 keyword phrases that you find. Create one page review pages for each of the products you find to promote, and finally create a page where you compare and contrast the solutions that you have found, providing a link to each of the products.

Creating the pages is only half of the work.
You need good links to the pages.

With Google changing their algorithm often, and changes such as the Exact Match Domain Name that you mentions, people go crazy trying to keep up, and it is a loosing battle. Every new thing found, becomes something that Google penalizes next month. My suggestion is to create links that will bring you traffic whether Google exists or not.

What I mean by that is, say, posting an article on article directories will bring you traffic to your site even without any "search" traffic. However, Google will count those as "good" links, and reward you in your rankings as well.

My favorite list of places to link:
Article directories,
Press releases,
social sites
YouTube Videos
Document Sharing Sites (Scribed, Slide Share, Crocko, etc.)
Niche blog comments
Niche blog guest posting
Forum participation

All of these places will give you good links, will look natural, and will create traffic outside of the search engines, so they will create traffic even if you don't get your keywords ranked.

And, with the latest changes to Google, may actually get your well researched keywords ranked and create a good traffic stream through search engines.

One more thing, make your comparison article longer than the others, and call it a buyer's guide. Create an opt-in page and give it away as a free report. Start creating an email list. Most marketers don't start making consistent money online until they have a list, and can start cross selling with other marketers who have lists. Just my two cents--for what it's worth.

Hope this helps. I believe that this type of approach will make you successful in any niche you might choose.

Dean
04-12-2014, 09:27 AM

i will do keyword research and provide the best keywords for blog niche or business
http://www.fiverr.com/mrbilalmemon/do-ke...r-business