This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Does getting "endorsed" professionally in LinkedIn really have any value?
04-12-2014, 10:59 AM
Does getting "endorsed" professionally in LinkedIn really have any value?
I belong to a number of professional discussion groups on LinkedIn and often get a notice that I have been "endorsed" for one of my professional skills... nursing, health promotion, health education, etc. I have never bothered to accept the endorsement because I don't see the benefit to me, AND that it somehow obligates me to turn around and endorse the endorser, whom I often don't know.

What's your opinion/experience in this area?

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-12-2014, 11:03 AM

Getting endorsed helps build your credibility in that field. The endorsements that you receive on a given field reinforces the skills listed in your resume.

If a potential employer looks for your Linkedin profile, seeing endorsements in specific skills gives them ideas of what you can do -- and the possible scope of your talents and skills

I like getting endorsements, especially from people I know and admire in the field. But I've never felt compelled to do a tit-for-tat and endorse the other person back (I've got emails requesting me if I could endorse them for a particular field)

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply