This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Can we call this the "Chick-Fil-A Effect"?
04-12-2014, 11:19 AM
Can we call this the "Chick-Fil-A Effect"?
LAKEWOOD, Colorado, July 31, 2012 (Life Site News) - The owner of a cake shop in Lakewood, Colorado said that, following a refusal to provide a wedding cake for a homosexual couple his business has more than doubled.

Jack Phillips, the owner of Masterpiece Cakeshop, told local media that this wasn’t the first time he had turned away homosexuals seeking wedding cakes, but it is the first time his stand for Christian principles has resulted in so much media attention and some death threats.
Jack Phillips, owner of Masterpiece Cakeshop.

Phillips explained that since 1993 the family owned and operated business has refused about half-a-dozen requests for same-sex wedding cakes. However, on Sunday he said he was forced to call police because of several death threats over the latest refusal.

The situation developed on July 19 when two homosexuals entered the shop and announced they were getting “married” in Massachusetts and wanted to order a wedding reception cake for their reception in Colorado. When Phillips refused, one of the pair, 28-year-old Dave Mullins, is reported to have said, “F*** you and your homophobic cake shop,” and directed an obscene gesture at the owner before leaving.

According to the Huffington Post an online petition in support of the homosexual pair was set up and “has drawn nearly 400 signatures” while a Facebook page, “Boycott Masterpiece Bakeshop, currently has over 200 members.”

Phillips said the publicity has generated a business boom, with customers coming to the shop specifically because of his stand against same-sex “marriage.”

“[On Monday] we had about twice as much business as normal,” Phillips said. “There are people coming in to support us.”

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-12-2014, 11:27 AM

I love chik fil a

and yes
we must give business to those that stand up for freedom
and are against the gay radical agenda

Ads

04-12-2014, 11:41 AM

Someone has to market to the bigots...
04-12-2014, 11:42 AM

These Right Wing Christians need to stop shoving their religion down everyone's throats.
04-12-2014, 11:57 AM

from what I understand, while chik-fil-a had a huge bump in business in that first week... after that it actually had lower sales...

and the CEO, if you remember, came out and said that it wasn't the company's policy at all and was backtracking and the company stated that it was not funding ant-gay groups anymore on a corporate level

you bigots can buy cakes and chicken every day for a week, but you get tired of it eventually...and at that point, you start losing money... we boycott longer than you can eat there...

EDIT: I used to eat at chik fil a a lot... not anymore... kfc now every time... and I don't miss chikfila... it was just handier... but I'll drive the extra half a mile down the road now
04-12-2014, 12:05 PM

Chick-Fil-A is a pretty good name for it. Their business got a lot of free publicity and more people went there. Whatever happened to the "right to refuse service?" Personally, I think it's dumb to refuse to allow somebody to spend their money at your business, but it's REALLY, REALLY, REALLY stupid to say that "I won't serve you because you are gay - or black or Mexican or whatever. I mean even if that IS your stupid reason, why be so stupid as to say it out loud? You have to be a real dumbazz. Personally, I like Chick-Fil-A. Their chicken sandwiches are pretty good for fast food. I like their sweet tea. I don't even know where they find their employees - they are like pathologically polite, regardless of location. The Burger King next door can have rude knuckleheads that won't smile or give you the least courtesy, but Chick-Fil-A people are smiling and nice ALL. THE. TIME. It's like they inject them with Prozac before their shift.

But in regard to your question, I think Chick-Fil-A affect, not effect, is a good name for it. Unless you want to call it the Phil Robertson affect. The same thing happened after his comments. The country is so polarized, they won't even eat the chicken sold by people who disagree with them. Freaking ridiculous. I don't agree with the whole anti-gay thing, but it won't stop me from eating delicious chicken.
04-12-2014, 12:20 PM

Great name for it!....because (just as happened with Chick-fil-A), Masterpiece Cakeshop will see a short "blip" of increased business from bigots, but business volume will then settle down to a level at least 15-20% below what it was BEFORE the fuss, just as has happened at Chick-fil-A...

MOST Americans are not bigots...

https://www.google.com/search?q=chick+fi...B900%3B346
04-12-2014, 12:22 PM

I understand, although cheek-feel-a experienced a tremendous push operational in that 1st week. Then it in fact experienced reduce gross sales along with the PRESIDENT, if you bear in mind, came out as well as said that it wasn't you�re able to send policy in any way as well as had been backtracking along with the organization stated that it hasn't been financing ant-gay organizations ever again on a company degree. You bigots can buy cakes as well as fowl every single day for the week, but you receive tired with this ultimately. as well as at that time, a person start out taking a loss. Many of us boycott more time when compared with you are able to take generally there.