This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
My friends Facebook was hacked, what now?
04-12-2014, 02:37 PM
My friends Facebook was hacked, what now?
I need a way to protect myself from this kind of crap

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-12-2014, 02:53 PM

Your account was probably compromised in a number of ways. I won't go into all the details but you can read it on the sources below. You just need to be careful from now on.

Ads

04-12-2014, 02:58 PM

delete applications. they are made by people and when you add one, they can get your info.
04-12-2014, 03:14 PM

Delete all untrustworthy applications (Honesty Box and Bumper Sticker are okay) and change your password.
04-12-2014, 03:25 PM

Do you mean you can't access it because the password is wrong?
then every facebook account is associated with an email address. Click the (forget password) link to get a new one sent to your inbox.

By the way, no application can hack your information!! I am a facebook application developer and I am 100% sure facebook doesn't provide secure information for developers.So, its not an application!!
04-12-2014, 03:40 PM

It shouldn't be an application.

The only way you can protect yourself is by changing your password or making it more secure (best passwords would contain lower and upper case letters and numbers).

There are people who try and guess passwords and they are ways to find them out but it's very hard to do so.