This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Rather long relationship issue?
10-15-2012, 08:55 PM
Rather long relationship issue?
I've known this guy since 7th grade. we dated back in middle school but broke up when my dad forbade it. he then moved to a different state with his family and we lost touch for about 5 years. well, about 2 years ago we found each other again-over facebook- (a miracle considering i cant even find half my family that live in the same state as i do and he and i had no mutual friends) and started talking, time passed and we decided to give a long distance relationship a try.

everything was going fine, we kept in touch though phone, facebook, and skype, until his ex started talking to him. now keep in mind that he was honest and forthcoming with all of this, telling me that he knew they would never work but he still cared about her, and pretty much letting me in on their conversations without me even asking. needless to say we broke up a couple of times and he went back and forth between us, he really wanted to be with me- but she was closer- but we had so much in common and he could see us working- but they had been though so much together... he was having a hard time letting go. well he did it again early on in the year and i told him enough was enough, that i was though with his games. he dated her for about 3 days and then decided he made a mistake. he came back to me saying he was done with her and he was sorry etc etc, time went by and i took him back. long story short, i found that a few months later he was talking to her again behind my back so i told him to f*** off, and left him.

well she has since then cheated on him and gotten pregnant by one of her guy friends (to my understanding) he had a bit of a rough time with that after losing both of us, and about 3 weeks ago started talking to me again. same old "im sorry... i was an idiot... i understand if you dont want me... etc" but this time with a twist.

he- a normally extremely private person- has not only offered to give but given me, his facebook and skype passwords, and had no trouble letting me play with his phone (used to be a big no-no) when he was in town. he's told pretty much every girl in his phone to go away that hes talking to me again and seems as if hes going to change... but im having trouble believing him. just tonight he went out with some "friends" and my first thought (im ashamed to say) was that he had found a new girl to cheat on me with. i have no proof to back this up but and part of me says im freaking out over nothing but, well i guess im scared. i dont know if its actually love, or stupidity but i really do care for him and want to give him another chance... even going as far as to tell a seemingly really good guy that i was talking to and getting to know, that im having doubts.

What are you opinions on my situation? aside from the trust issues the guy and i are almost perfect matches for one another, so much so that we can finish each others sentences and have the same opinions and choices on subjects. we connect on both a spiritual and intellectual level, and if we can pull though this and he does change for the better i think we have a pretty good shot of making it. hes talking about moving out on his own and into his dads old house (which is currently vacant while his dad and step mom live out of the country so he would pay his own bills and pay them rent) that is here in my town. he was planning to move here anyway, this would put him in a better situation as the job market and colleges are better here, but it would also bring him closer to me so we could actually spend time together in person. i guess i could use some outside unbiased opinions.

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
10-15-2012, 09:04 PM

Well in my opinion, i see that he cares for you and loves you. I think all this time he has loved you but because of the distance, he was lonely and wanted you, and may have became desperate. i think that you two can be together because its obvious the love that you have for each other. You two sound like an ideal couple. i think you ought to give it another try. If you really feel like that and he's thinking of moving out and he will get to spend more timewith you, and his work will be there, then he is thinking of you. Try again because he really cares about you, but if he does the same thing again, he isnt worth that. I hope this helps Smile

Ads

10-15-2012, 09:04 PM

the reality is you dont trust him ---- nothing will ever come of this ----- ask yourself this ---- why are you dating him??? --- for the sake of dating ??? or to find someone you want to spend your life with???? ---- he is also probably too young and immature for you ---- and being compatible is not really a basis for a long term relationship up to and including marriage ----- my suggestion is dump him dont look back and think yourself fortunate you got out ---- best wishes