This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Why do Marines need to advertise so much?
04-12-2014, 09:42 PM
Why do Marines need to advertise so much?
Every person in the marines needs the tattoo on the left arm, all the bumper stickers, license plates, all the toys on the desk, and all the pins. Why do they have to have all this stuff everywhere? How come coast guard ppl don't do this, or the air force? How come ppl that work as construction workers, human resources, office workers, coffee shops, how come you don't see all these toys and pins everywhere on them?

Why do marines have to let everyone know they were in the marines?

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-12-2014, 09:44 PM

It is NOT advertising

All the armed services use to train their people extremely well, and indoctrinate them into a military life. I don't know how the training is today.

This really is a good thing as it helps them survive in a very hostile environment (someone trying to kill you every waking moment).

The Marines take this to a higher level, and instill a camaraderie into their people that stays with them forever. Their saying says it all;

Once a Marine, Always a Marine.

Their other slogan, Gung Ho has been ridiculed so much and has become a bad thing in some people's minds BUT in Chinese it means HARMONY IN WORK or WORKING TOGETHER

Who is wrong? The Marines or the idiots that ridicule GUNG HO

Don't complain about what our former troops camaraderie and pride exhibit, just respect and honor the freedom that they have insured for you Some gave you that freedom with their lives!

What are you doing with the freedom they gave you?

You owe them the respect and courtesy, to not complain about their camaraderie and pride exhibits.

So that you know, I was not a Marine, I was Army for two tours in VietNam. And ALL Marines are my brothers!

Ads

04-12-2014, 09:55 PM

Maybe they're just DAMN PROUD of being Marines??

How come ppl that work as construction workers, human resources, office workers, coffee shops, how come you don't see all these toys and pins everywhere on them?

And I'll bet not a single one of them has ever raised the flag on Mt. Suribachi??

Nothing wrong with being proud of what you do, or who you are. Sorry, doesn't sound like the crime of the century to me.

My license plate holder has the name of my university on it. Is that a bad thing too?? I don't quite get your 'beef' here??