This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Promotion Advice For PBOLIST.COM?
04-13-2014, 05:48 AM
Promotion Advice For PBOLIST.COM?
I have a listing website pbolist.com and it is not getting many page views at the time and I was wondering if anyone could share some advice on how I could get people to start noticing it. I have bought some seo help and done a little email marketing but, it all seems to be money wasted lately. I am also looking to buy some help marketing it if it is fairly priced so please include that information if you have it to offer. Any and All help or advice will be greatly appreciated! Thanks So Much !!

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-13-2014, 06:03 AM

Looks like you have a domain name and little else so far. If you got in on the ground floor with a great domain name like EmeraldCoastRealty.com you would have the potential get a bit more direct type-in and search traffic. (Sorry I see little marketing Merritt in PBOLIST other than it's short) There could well be a long dark development period before having something substantial. A giant corporation might lose money on advertising for a year? while building up the brand.
That sort of site has a chicken and egg problem, nobody wants to be the first and only listing, some forums pay participants to make posts and participate to make it look lived in. Some classified sites use automated scripts to "Scrape" listings off other sites, though they are not revenue sources that are still of value to the visitors and helps search ranking. I don't know all of the legal implications, but I believe you can reproduce others ads, useful where the contact information is not concealed. (it's a common practice with employer ads)

Generating a number of related articles can be a great aid toward getting search ranking and free search engine traffic.

Use the Google Keyword tool to research actual phrases people are searching (Exact match is most useful) to find phrases to incorporate in articles to boost search ranking.
https://adwords.google.com/select/KeywordToolExternal

Here are some location related results showing the number of searches a month
(Got no results for: Emerald Coast Realty in the short list)
florida real estate 27,100
panama city beach condos 14,800
florida homes for sale 8,100
condos for sale in florida 2,900
florida homes 2,400
house for sale in florida 2,400

If you get an Adwords advertising account ($10 min deposit) you would get 800 results instead of 100 to look through. Look for $50-$100 first time user vouchers, some web hosts give them out. You can place ads on sites or individual pages you choose, you can place ads only on articles about Emerald Coast for example.

Ads

04-13-2014, 06:09 AM

I agree with Jake. It looks like you have a good idea with very little else going for you. You could benefit from any number of services - web design, web development, seo, e-mail marketing.... but I think your best bet is to develop an entire business plan based on your budget and time limitations. You'll waste A LOT of money paying for services you don't need and can't fully utilize until you have clear idea of what you're doing. Why pay for seo and e-mail marketing if people aren't going to like or be interested in what they see when they get there?

At the risk of shameless promotion - I do free phone consultations and have included my site address below. If you're interested, schedule a meeting and at the very least you'll end up with a better idea of what you need to get off on the right foot.

Good luck!