This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Do we have any privacy?
04-13-2014, 05:52 AM
Do we have any privacy?
So, I was using the facebook app for android and all of a sudden I heard a sound as if my phone just took a picture. Maybe I am just paranoid, but I got a little concerned. I checked the facebook app's permissions, and there it was: "taking pictures, recording videos and recording sound" among some other privacy violating permissions, such as looking at your text messages, contacts etc etc. I went on to check some other apps and their permissions and I just lost it. I formatted my SD card and got my phone to factory specs. I'm even thinking about selling my smartphone an getting some old brick that can only call, text and play snake, just to get away from all this.

But that was just the final drop. For some time, I've been sick of everything trying to be connected and know everything about you. Facebook, google and every other network want your real name, phone number, address etc etc. I'm just sick of it.

I even use one e-mail account for facebook (since that is where my real name and life events are recorded) and another account for everything else, since I can't stand having everything I do connected to my identity.

I am aware that this is a rant and not a question, but can't we just use the Internet and all of it's social networks how we like, instead of being used by them?

I just want to make an account somewhere, make up a nickname, give my e-mail and be done with it... no names, numbers, pictures or anything...

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-13-2014, 06:04 AM

You ARE aware that the whole reason the government funded ARPAnet was to allow them to snoop on us, right?

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply